Ultimate RC - Forum Archives

PDA
You are viewing an archive version of a topic

Click here to view the full version : Is fake R31 and Yokomo Drift Package type C good?

Pages : [1] 2 3

AmirF35
8.13.12, 3:05 pm
Guys, I found a fake R31 which is NOT from R2hobbies but even worse. Have a look at this Picture:
http://www.myrcstation.com/webshaper/pcm/pictures/HYM/HYR31_l.jpg
RM160: USD52
So cheap!
By the way, R2Hobbies made a Fake Yokomo Drift Package Type C. It named it YKM Type C. Is it a good kit? Just $82.
http://www.r2hobbies.com/rc-cars/cars/1-10-rc-ykm-type-c-sd-ep-shaft-drive-drift-car-chassis-kit.html

Huggy Bear
8.13.12, 3:39 pm
Belt drive turd... You are better off with the R2 clone because it is at least shaft drive.

kstmRYD
8.13.12, 5:50 pm
Yok type C clone is pretty decent a newbie in our drift club bought one, plastic parts identical, only difference I found was screws were made from very mild steel, but they are screwing into plastic. This chassis is super tunable. I own the real Yok type C and would buy the dupe in a heartbeat.

Plenty of parts support for Type C also, tons of hop ups and alloys.

Type C is shaft drive also...what's wrong with belt drive? most high end drift chassis are belt driven.

feature I like the most on Type C is the adjustable rear to via turnbuckles, easily tune for more slip or grip

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/njim/Yok%20C%20Plus/IMG_0610.jpg

Huggy Bear
8.13.12, 5:58 pm
Shaft drive generally has less things that can go wrong and require less maintenance. I know there are pros and cons to each setup but I just prefer the shaft drive.

kstmRYD
8.13.12, 6:07 pm
Yeah...I agree especially if you're on dirty surfaces shaft has its advantages, but on polished surfaces or micro fiber carpet belt is so smooooth. I run both, but prefer the smoothness of belt and pulley verses gears.

drift daddy
8.13.12, 6:25 pm
I prefer the easier customization of belt but it really is a preference. Once my cars are setup I don't really change them. I've seen Sprint 2s run ins damn near gravel unharmed.

winner
8.13.12, 7:15 pm
That's r31 clone looks like the exact same thing as the r2, I bet it's the same kit. Exact same rims, shocks, etc. Event the belts are the exact same manufacture.

AmirF35
8.14.12, 3:16 pm
I am not advertising, and i wonder if it's good, because it looks Identical between the R2Hobbies TEH-R31 and OTA-R31.Only $28 cheaper. And The fake Yokomo looks Identical to the original. I wont even buy it, i just wanna know if it's good for that price for an R31.

Chiefy 707
8.15.12, 12:44 am
Been looking at this Yoke clone. How similar is it to the real thing? To the point that parts are 100% (or close) interchangeable?

Hmmm, wait for the Sakura or give this thing a try? Cheap shaft drive anytime/anywhere car? Hmmm.

Patzor
8.15.12, 3:59 am
I have the type c clone from r2 and have been running a 10.5t brushless motor and have had no problems yet. Very easy to adjust everything and their are no diffs they are just straight gears.

i would say about 20 packs through it

kstmRYD
8.15.12, 8:44 am
Been looking at this Yoke clone. How similar is it to the real thing? To the point that parts are 100% (or close) interchangeable?

Hmmm, wait for the Sakura or give this thing a try? Cheap shaft drive anytime/anywhere car? Hmmm.

I have the real Yok Type C and the clone is identical except for the screws, they are a lower grade alloy. Parts interchange with no problem. For the money you can't go wrong. The clones weight balance is identical as well, we put her on a scale. The clone has taken a good couple of hits as the one using it is a newbie and has a bit too much power in it, but she has held up, nothing has broke or worn. This clone is run every week faithfully for 4 hours straight...she's still going.

My favorite feature is the adjustable rear toe...we ran her on polished concrete with a thick layer of urethane with Raikou D70's...at first she was a little too butt loose so we dialed in more toe in the rear (3.5 deg) for bite and less toe (1.5 deg) up front, softened the rear springs and stood the rear shocks straight up and angle the front shock more...and she bit like a pit bull when needed and slide like ice...super impressed for an $80 chassis!

Not trying to pitch anything here, just stating our results with it. We are picking up another one just to let people use it when we do demo events.

ericmaxman
8.15.12, 4:29 pm
Amir,

Just so you know, the one from R2Hobbies and the one you see locally is the same. Both are the TEH-R31. Being clones, plastic quality is crap, but you can upgrade the plastics with the real StreetJam parts. I know several guys who has the clone TEH-R31, and they said how crappy the plastic parts were.

I have not heard of the YKM before, but from what I know, the StreetJam chassis is designed as a drift chassis. Which also means that it'll be much easier to convert to CS drift if compared to, lets say, shaft driven cars.

Also, have you even tried lurking in local forums to ask around?

kstmRYD
8.15.12, 7:26 pm
that's correct...clones do not used fiber enforced plastics, China is the highest consumer of PVC. Yeup PVC like in the white pipe...PVC hardness is altered with Phthalates, it can make it harder (more brittle) or softer (more plyable) then the black color is added with carbon compounds.

The clones use a mixture of PVC and styrene which is one of the cheapest plastic mixtures to produce as opposed to the originals that use polyethylene and ethylene vinyl acetate. How do I know this crap? Back in the day I use to weld (actually as per my teacher the correct term is fuse) plastics and I needed to know which material to use to "fuse" (there hope he's happy) two parts together.

If your not smashing the chassis at fast speeds you should not have a problem, we have bashed it a bit and no problem.

And actually the Yok is the easiest to counter steer. Yok makes 3 different ratio CS kits that fit perfectly in the clone..D-Like and a bunch of others make kits too.

http://driftmission.com/guides/yokomo-cs-gears-guide/

AmirF35
8.16.12, 3:10 pm
So, I shouldn't buy the Clone R31, because it's a plastic crap. I mean really, The fake r31 is bad? I will not buy that. what about the cloned Yok? It said "Parts are 100% compatible with Yokomo Drift package type C". No wonder they are lying.

winner
8.16.12, 3:54 pm
So, I shouldn't buy the Clone R31, because it's a plastic crap. I mean really, The fake r31 is bad? I will not buy that. what about the cloned Yok? It said "Parts are 100% compatible with Yokomo Drift package type C". No wonder they are lying.

the clone R31 is fine, you'll want to replace the plastic pulley pins with metal pens and rubber o ring. and the diffs you'll want a front one way and rear solid spool. those are the only things you need to beef up. you'll want to get aluminum threaded bodied shocks later because the stock ones are hard to adjust but still work. take a look at mine

Mar10
8.25.12, 3:21 pm
Hi Guys I Am New Here,So I'll Get To This Clone Type-C Yok! And If I Think Is Good Or Not? I Got One From R2Hobby's Too,And I'll Say Yes And No. As For The Type-C Clone It's A Good Kit ,Went You Get It Set Up. It Drifts Nice! As For The Bad,It's R2Hobby's Hit And Miss CRAP. Went You Get A Kit Off Them ! No Set Up Book,Missing Parts.(DON'T GET IT FROM THEM) Ok I'M Cool Now(LOL) It Is A Good Step Up From A TT-01D That Go's For $100+To A Yokomo Class RC For $80+ Bucks...

kingshawty12
8.26.12, 8:32 pm
I would pick up a clone anyday, I would pick up the $80 base and if something breaks replace the whole thing with the Eagle racing GRT ;D

kstmRYD
8.27.12, 2:48 am
Gotta agree with some here on R2...they have gotten really sloppy...just bought bunch of "cheapy" wheels just for garage and tire display purposes for an indoor track that is being built. Two sets were totally wrong wheels and four sets came in wrong off sets. If this were an order to be actually used on cars we would have been screwed.

winner
8.27.12, 6:13 am
I'm sorry, but my head hurts after reading Mar's comment.

On my TEH besides the diffs, pulley pins, and front swing shafts which are things that are known weak points that need to be replaced the only other parts I broke were from tying to do speed runs and crashing. User error, it's a drift car. Not a speed run car

Mar10
8.27.12, 2:25 pm
Winner sorry about the Head.. As for the Clone Type-C, R2 has a Carbon Upgrade Kit for the Yok's Type-C for $74.95.Can it or Duz it fit the clone?I know of no one that has this Kit,Or seen a post on it.Most Carbon Chassis are in the $200+ For the Type-C's...