Ultimate RC - Forum Archives

PDA
You are viewing an archive version of a topic

Click here to view the full version : Michigan Downriver Area Racing

Pages : [1] 2

guitardrumr123
10.13.05, 2:21 am
Anyone here race in the downriver area (Detroit-ish area) in Michigan? I usually race at Riders of Taylor in the Summer, but it doesn't look like thats gonna be there next year, so I'm interested in a place to race my sedan next summer. I usually race my ST at Dom Polski with the Downriver Racing (http://downriverracing.com/forums/portal.php) club, but I wouldn't mind hearing about good off road tracks in the area that are open during the winter.

Also, thread number uno for the midwest forum.

Ronin0133
12.29.05, 6:19 pm
There is an indoor place that runs electrics during the winter and anything during the summer. It's called RC screwz and its in Livonia on Levan road between plymouth rd and I-96. Right across the Ford Transmission plant.

guitardrumr123
1.21.06, 5:33 am
Missed this post before now. I've been to Screwz once when we got rained out at Riders, but it's a bit far for me, though I do plan on making a few races when I can. Mostly, I was wondering about other off road places. I know there is Washtenaw RC, but the only other tracks I know of are farther away.

ram-ctd
12.28.06, 10:37 am
what about going to a park and just bashing our trucks? i am in inkster btw

guitardrumr123
2.25.07, 5:17 pm
I never seem to notice these posts...

I wouldn't mind bashing, but at the moment I don't have anything that runs :(.

Hopefully, I'll have my CVD replaced on my XXXT soon, so with a little work (and maybe some waterproofing, if it snows again) we can hook up. Heritage park on Pardee at Northline might be a good place to bash, but there are some other parks in the area I haven't been to as well.

ram-ctd
2.25.07, 6:06 pm
me and my buddy run right across the street in inkster park but its been to cold to run the nitros

TMAN73
4.17.07, 3:30 am
I seen this at Ridders Hobby

The track will be open at the end of April 2007, and located in No Limits Extreme Action Park Taylor, MI.

On-site Hobby Shop support will be provided by Full House Gaming and Hobby (race days only).

The track size will be aprox. 200' X 90' and will be shorten 125' x 90' for electric racing.

Classes:
19-turn/stock 2 wheel drive buggy
Mod 2wd buggy
19 turn/stock Truck
Mod truck
4wd open
1/10 scale nitro truck
1/8 scale buggy
1/8 scale truggy
Unlimited Monster Truck
Stock and Unlimited Monster truck

Entry Fees:
Practice: $5.00 for single day or $40.00 for a seasonal practice pass.
Racing: $15.00 1st, $10.00 2nd, $5.00 for each additional.

Track Rule:
We are NOT a ROAR track, but will follow ROAR rules.
Approved ROAR batteries and motors on race days only.
No Alcohol or Drugs permitted on the premises.

Race Dates: Weather Permitting
May 13th- Club Race
June 17th- Club Race
July 15th- Club Race
August 5th- Club Race
September 16th- Cash payback race
Note: There will be practice days each Saturday before each race dates.
We will have an AMB transponder system that will accept personnel transponders.

Practice:
Wednesdays and Saturdays during the week.

This track will be owned and operated by experienced R/C racers.
I will post more information as becomes available.

Thank You
Jeremy Roach.

Any questions please e-mail us at zerogravity.rc@hotmail.com (zerogravity.rc@hotmail.com)

sikntired
4.17.07, 4:15 pm
The above mentioned track will be located behind The ICE BOX hockey arena at 21902 S. Telegraph rd. in Brownstown

Also there is a nice size outdoor track in Monroe, it is at
14260 S. Dixie Hwy. next to a church.

Hope this helps some people out!!

TMAN73
4.22.07, 1:11 am
Sorry I did not put the address I must not have copied it LOL whats the charge at the track in monre ?

Gandalf_Sr
4.27.07, 8:26 am
Hey guys, I'm just getting into Nitro. Anyone in the area wants to get with me to bashing then send me an email.

guitardrumr123
5.02.07, 7:17 pm
I seen this at Ridders Hobby

The track will be open at the end of April 2007, and located in No Limits Extreme Action Park Taylor, MI.

On-site Hobby Shop support will be provided by Full House Gaming and Hobby (race days only).

The track size will be aprox. 200' X 90' and will be shorten 125' x 90' for electric racing.

Classes:
19-turn/stock 2 wheel drive buggy
Mod 2wd buggy
19 turn/stock Truck
Mod truck
4wd open
1/10 scale nitro truck
1/8 scale buggy
1/8 scale truggy
Unlimited Monster Truck
Stock and Unlimited Monster truck

Entry Fees:
Practice: $5.00 for single day or $40.00 for a seasonal practice pass.
Racing: $15.00 1st, $10.00 2nd, $5.00 for each additional.

Track Rule:
We are NOT a ROAR track, but will follow ROAR rules.
Approved ROAR batteries and motors on race days only.
No Alcohol or Drugs permitted on the premises.

Race Dates: Weather Permitting
May 13th- Club Race
June 17th- Club Race
July 15th- Club Race
August 5th- Club Race
September 16th- Cash payback race
Note: There will be practice days each Saturday before each race dates.
We will have an AMB transponder system that will accept personnel transponders.

Practice:
Wednesdays and Saturdays during the week.

This track will be owned and operated by experienced R/C racers.
I will post more information as becomes available.

Thank You
Jeremy Roach.

Any questions please e-mail us at zerogravity.rc@hotmail.com (zerogravity.rc@hotmail.com)

Mmmm...these guys are just up the road from me, and if Roach is running it, it'll be run right. A year or two ago the owners of the No Limits park tried to do this, but didn't want to take the advice of the local guys that were trying to help them. And if they're open on Sat. for practice, then I may be out there this Sat. just to 'test the waters', so to speak. I don't have the best tires for dirt, but I'll make do until such a time as I can enter a race.

Man, I wish the stupid notification system would work right for me...would make it a lot easier to know when my threads have been posted in...

TMAN73
5.03.07, 2:56 am
I am not sure of there official start date I road by there last saturday and they where still working on it who know may be next week they will be done

guitardrumr123
5.03.07, 10:11 am
I'm kinda hoping they'll be done this Sat., and that it won't rain. It'll give me a reason to get my XXXT running again.

TMAN73
5.09.07, 1:38 am
I guess they where planning on opening this week but they dont think its going to happen

sikntired
5.12.07, 7:52 pm
Hey just out of curiousity where abouts you guys from?
Just moved to South Rockwood myself.
Anyways, the no limits track has been rain delayed for lack of better terms!! The weather hasnt been all that nice. It is said that they pushed back the opening date but should be coming along pretty quickly once weather permits!!
Also check out www.rcracingextreme.com (http://www.rcracingextreme.com) for more details.

On a side note the track in Monroe is looking pretty good as well!! I believe he is in the process of getting a AMB timing system!!

litebulblsc
5.13.07, 2:11 pm
What one in monroe?
The one at the church?

sikntired
5.13.07, 8:26 pm
What one in monroe?
The one at the church?

That is the one!

litebulblsc
5.14.07, 4:47 am
Well I live just south of monroe. It is like a 5-10 minute drive to that church for me.

guitardrumr123
5.14.07, 5:36 am
Help me out here...where is that?

litebulblsc
5.14.07, 1:06 pm
about an hour south of detroit. Monreo county is the souteastern most county in michigan being on the lake and the ohio border.