Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 3.14.12, 2:00 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
What do you guys think I should do to my 2wd pede to make it almost indestructable or just to see what I can do with it.
(Last edited by ericRC : 3.21.12 at 2:17 pm)
ECX Torment(stock gearing with hpi 15t motor),ECX Circuit(needs new body), Slash 2wd(currently all stock with stampede white springs), stampede 2wd (stock with slash progressive springs and proline masher tires), rustler(stock with helion dominus 21t motor and stampede tires).
"Experienced user"
pede1497 - 3.14.12, 3:04 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Buy a roll cage. Rpm parts all around. Look at all the wide pede forums to help with stability. Brushless if not already. Buy lipo batteries.
thats my bike
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 3.14.12, 4:57 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I will get all of that a little bit at a time. where can I get a roll cage.
ECX Torment(stock gearing with hpi 15t motor),ECX Circuit(needs new body), Slash 2wd(currently all stock with stampede white springs), stampede 2wd (stock with slash progressive springs and proline masher tires), rustler(stock with helion dominus 21t motor and stampede tires).
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 3.14.12, 8:21 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
RPM front bumper for Slash
RPM front skidplate for Slash
ProLine rear skidplate
ProLine chassis saver
RPM rear shock tower
Aluminum caster blocks and front bulkhead
RPM steering knuckles and rear carriers

All of those parts are on my Pede, and I simply don't break parts on that truck.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Regular user"
Xslash insanity - 3.14.12, 9:24 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
No guarantees on the quality, but steel shouldn't bend as easily as aluminum:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXBY6&P=7
"Experienced user"
AbSoLooT - 3.15.12, 1:36 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
pede1497 said
Buy a roll cage. Rpm parts all around. Look at all the wide pede forums to help with stability. Brushless if not already. Buy lipo batteries.

No no roll cage. Only like Integy makes one, and they are junk. Even a solid roll cage will make it way top heavy, and handle like doo doo...

There alot to get it to the "ultimate" stampede.... Check out Dr.isotopes build thread, or mine. Both are hooked up to the max.

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122215

Also. RPM all around is NOT the solution. By any means... U dont want their towers,carriers, castors...

First and formost. above alll..... ball bearings on wheel if u dont have VXl. Slash RPM or Stock slash front bumper. RPM gear cover, and alum castor blocks are the basics...

Alum bearing carriers, Protrac kit, will make ur truck a handeling machine, and eliminate all those contant roll overs. Night and day difference. Than the list goes on from there. More can be seen on my site
(Last edited by AbSoLooT : 3.15.12 at 1:39 am)
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 3.15.12, 6:44 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
ok, I will just upgrade the parts as they break or just buy some a little at a time.
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 3.15.12, 7:04 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
will protrac parts from a rustler work ?
"Experienced user"
ericRC - 3.16.12, 7:05 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
do I need the rear skid plate for the slash ? I bought a rustler that comes with some stampede parts and I think there is an aluminum rear skid plate.
"Experienced user"
AbSoLooT - 3.16.12, 3:31 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
ericRC said
will protrac parts from a rustler work ?
Rustler dont come with the Protrac. . Are u sure its a Protrac? But if it is, yes it would work becauseThe Stampede Rustler and Slash 2wd share 95% of the same parts.

Rustlers done have rear skids..... But from the Slash 2wd, yes the skids fit. The rear is a direct fit, the front one needs alittle moding. Really easy to do. if ur gonna get RPM front skid.