Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 1.06.13, 5:33 pm Post #71: | Reply With Quote
blakktalon said
If you add 1 7/8" in length to the rustler chassis's, the regular slash body will fit on it.

Yep it looks sturdy enough. Plus I like the battery tray not having a hole in it like you do with using just one chassis.
Yeah the guy who'd done this already and posted on youtube had tried his in a race with no issues. So what better way to test mine than its first race this weekend. It is very strong along its length with only a little flex if twisted. Sure its gonna hold together fine.
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.07.13, 6:22 pm Post #72: | Reply With Quote
Great job man! Chassis looks great, very compact and nice placement of things, I see your gens ace battery strap, I just got one of those this weekend

let us know how it does at the race! it turned out awesome!
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 1.08.13, 1:02 am Post #73: | Reply With Quote
GUTSLAYER said
Great job man! Chassis looks great, very compact and nice placement of things, I see your gens ace battery strap, I just got one of those this weekend

Thanks again, really appreciate your comments. Yep the Gens Ace strap finished it off nicely .............

Will let you know how the race goes, try and get some pictures / video to put on here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-08 13.08.39.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	534.4 KB
ID:	41215  
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 1.14.13, 8:42 am Post #74: | Reply With Quote
GUTSLAYER said

First race for the LCG chassis and it performed really well. Because it was a Traxxas race day the HobbyWing brushless set up i have couldn't be used so had to run with the original Titan 550. It was a mixed class, so it was my Slash up against Rustlers, all running VXL set ups.

Decided to push for a bit more top end speed for qualifying and went with 23 pinion 90 spur. I know not a great idea but i had a spare motor so went for it. Third fastest time after first qualifying so was well pleased. Second qualifying session the motor died 4 laps in.....the bushings gave way to the extent that the pinion teeth no longer engaged the spur at all....

New Titan motor in and back to 19 pinion for the first main, 2nd place followed by 3rd in the second leg of the main for 3rd overall. All in all a pretty good day. And the chassis held up fine.......

Thanks again for all the encouragement and advice during the build......
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG-20130114-WA0010-1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	41541  
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.14.13, 4:30 pm Post #75: | Reply With Quote
haha nice man! gotta love how they put you on the podium and you get a trophy, that's awesome. How often does your track have races where they give out legitimate trophies?
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 1.14.13, 5:43 pm Post #76: | Reply With Quote
GUTSLAYER said
haha nice man! gotta love how they put you on the podium and you get a trophy, th
at's awesome. How often does your track have races where they give out legitimate trophies?
Yeah they really do put some effort into it. There's 6 races like this over the course of the year. Next one is March 10th at a different track. Lot closer to me next time so i may get time to go and drive it first. Want another of those trophies now. Ha ha.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cRjJZgV6QSQW3Xjz6RkpVj-T6XdLqTinY2YrHBaB-z8.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	41568  Click image for larger version

Name:	rkFZzdMQWB8BK44IV9Ozhw_5igBoQ5OFmX5XdlBZSmg.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	41569  Click image for larger version

Name:	HhRPD-2qYpCbVBBmHrrDjnSu5yap_6czmClbpneTiPk.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	41570  
(Last edited by RichBee : 1.15.13 at 4:27 am)
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 1.19.13, 1:16 am Post #77: | Reply With Quote
Want to make up my new ESC / receiver mount. Have got hold of a sheet of 2mm acrylic. Strong enough? Anyone tried this ?

Thanks.
"きりと"
hazardouschurch - 1.19.13, 3:11 pm Post #78: | Reply With Quote
As long as its not structural it should be fine to hold a esc and receiver
CARNAGE
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 2.28.13, 9:36 am Post #79: | Reply With Quote
Few changes been made before the next race in two weekends time......... Slash 2WD to 2WD Open Class racer, quite a bit lighter now, and VXL system in it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P2280134 (Small).JPG
Views:	19
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	43536  
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 3.14.13, 3:36 am Post #80: | Reply With Quote
Just had the 2nd race in the Traxxas Fun Day series last weekend. Another 3rd place finish this time. Few changes made to the car, most obvious being the body. Went pretty well, driver just needs to improve now.............
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	H-PjZ1xICV7U3DzSwLROzhGF25zh2riPB5Rcry-waaw.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	44120  Click image for larger version

Name:	_8jPxTGNE9t8eB0JQT-_km2jrC2EUJsVYTiYg9ULGJM.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	44121  Click image for larger version

Name:	etDBXecy2nGoX_WRhey_sGqPaxwdOgAO4xAUr1aFpgQ.jpg
Views:	21