Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Master of micro and mini"
Driver86 - 1.03.13, 4:48 am Post #211: | Reply With Quote
Would be interested to see if this is competitive with the losi mini 8ight on the track. Its $80 cheaper
I officially have too many vehicles to fit in this sig.
Brands I own: Associated, Duratrax, Exceed, Losi, RedCat, Silverlit, Syma, Tamiya, Tomy, Traxxas, Turnigy, Xmods and several generics
"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 1.04.13, 3:49 pm Post #212: | Reply With Quote
@Bill It looks like I can so I ordered two.

@JJBTEXAS Yes I can, but since I broke the shock too, I'll just wait for the new parts to get here and fix it all at the same time.

@morvlorv Funny I thought the car was quiet, but I run steel spur gears in most of my cars so I'm probably not the best person to ask. The car does have dog bones on all for corners and the center driveshaft, is that maybe what you're hearing?

I also noticed that I bent the dog bone on the same side that I broke/bent the other parts.

@Driver86 Based on the breakages I have I think this and the mini 8ight are pretty much the same vehicle.
(Last edited by RCWiily : 1.04.13 at 3:52 pm)
You can't understand cuz you're listening too slow.
"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 1.04.13, 6:06 pm Post #213: | Reply With Quote
Just tried to put a mini 8ight wing on the buggy..doesn't fit in the stock holes of the rear tower. Now I'm really curious to see if mini 8ight towers fit.
"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 1.08.13, 8:24 am Post #214: | Reply With Quote
Mini 8ight shock towers do NOT fit.
"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 1.09.13, 5:07 pm Post #215: | Reply With Quote
Nitrorcx doesn't expect to have spare parts until Spring.

I sent LC Racing an email inquiring about spare parts in the US, they replied that they had shipped parts to nitrorcx and they should have them "very soon."

"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.09.13, 6:40 pm Post #216: | Reply With Quote
how about hitting up your local plastics supply warehouse? Chances are they may sell carbon fiber for cheap, then cut out your own shock tower

Try these guys out:
http://santamonicaplastics.com/blog/product-categories/

For all you know, they may scraps ready for the trash and that might be the perfect piece you need for free???
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 1.09.13, 6:52 pm Post #217: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
how about hitting up your local plastics supply warehouse? Chances are they may sell carbon fiber for cheap, then cut out your own shock tower

Try these guys out:
http://santamonicaplastics.com/blog/product-categories/

For all you know, they may scraps ready for the trash and that might be the perfect piece you need for free???
Probably more effort than it's worth to me, but the place you linked to is only a few blocks from where my kids go school so maybe I'll stop in.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.09.13, 7:15 pm Post #218: | Reply With Quote
Trace the outline of the broken shock tower, then grind away with your Dremel in about 5-10 min, drill a few holes and call it a day... sure beats having to wait 2-3 months
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Balls Out Basher!"
jreynolds5 - 1.09.13, 7:53 pm Post #219: | Reply With Quote
G 10 is just as good and much cheaper!
Torment 3200kv on 3s...My friends say I'm crazy....I say I'm Balls Out!

Vehicle City Bullies (Olde English Bulldogges!)
Google Us!
"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 1.11.13, 3:00 pm Post #220: | Reply With Quote
The wheels for the sand paddles (grasshopper tires) I linked to earlier in the thread showed up yesterday. They don't fit the grasshopper tires but they do fit the the paddles for the mini t. They're smaller than the stock tires so I'm curious to see how they do when I hit the beach tomorrow.

I bent the shock tower back into shape but it has a crack in it so I'll keep my driving to the sand until spares become available.

The broken shock eyelet was replaced with one from the OFNA Hyper 10SC. Part #21067.

Dog bones from the mini 8 are a hair too long to fit. So even though this thing looks similar to the mini 8 not one of the parts I've tried to fit to this buggy have worked.