Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Impervious to Perfection"
2genewb - 12.24.12, 3:20 pm Post #361: | Reply With Quote
i think the thread and truck are progressing nicely. very well (probably never will be) done.

merry christmas
No Cerveza, No Trabajo. Muchas Gracias.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 12.26.12, 2:41 am Post #362: | Reply With Quote
jhtfarquhar said
So nobody cares? I guess this may as well be a journal, for all you guys care
No offense intended, but this is a forum where we are free to reply to anything we wish. It would appear (only guessing here) that you are asking for pity replies, and not genuine replies from people who are actually impressed with your work. It's somewhat irritating on your part if this is what's going on, but as I've said before, that might not be what's actually happening. We don't have to enjoy what you are doing for you to enjoy it. Keep that in mind.

Enjoy your new upgrades
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott
"Experienced Newbie"
rustlerguy47 - 12.26.12, 8:14 am Post #363: | Reply With Quote
Thank you for putting that out there. I belive the same thing is happening; people will post when people want to. I get that you want more attention and feedback, but you cant force people to comment out of pity. Your project is evolving well, so keep it going! Just dont expect a comment after every update.
Slowly getting back into R/C.

4x4CRlSPY said
Poor guy, couldn't stomach the taco bell of speed.
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 12.26.12, 9:00 am Post #364: | Reply With Quote
Yeah, I here you guys, I'll put that into my mind as common forum etiquette that should always be heeded.
I am really enjoying myself. The pics are all on my new camera, and I don't have a computer here with me to upload them to photobucket.

But.... on to the build itself.
I don't have a soldering iron here, so my monster motor won't work until I'm home again.
The wheels stick out of the senders a little, but it still looks realistic, like one of those redness mud trucks.

I'm heading up to pa for my friend's birthday so there I'll finally be able to purchase the shock rebuild kit that I've been needing. I might even buy traxxas big bores, to alleviate my problem of shock oil seeping through the shock bodies.

Well until then,
Signing out
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 12.30.12, 5:28 am Post #365: | Reply With Quote
Well, I'm going to kill two birds with one stone.
By buying the e-maxx big bore shock set(8 rear shocks).
That takes care of my friends birthday gift, and my want of long travel front suspension, albeit without my psuedo-wide mod set up.
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 1.07.13, 3:29 am Post #366: | Reply With Quote
Ok, got the rebuild done, The flat irons grip AMAZINGLY especially in snow, hello grass and snow wheelies!!!!!!!!!!

I had forgot my camera charger at home, so sorry for no vid, but one will come up shortly
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 1.08.13, 3:05 pm Post #367: | Reply With Quote
Finally got the camera all charged up, here you can see it now:

The POWER:

And my MINIMALISTIC, and functional wheely bar:

AND CARNAGE thanks to 4S LiPo

"Experienced Newbie"
rustlerguy47 - 1.08.13, 3:27 pm Post #368: | Reply With Quote
Sweet! Might want to get some 17mm hexes for that thing.
Slowly getting back into R/C.

4x4CRlSPY said
Poor guy, couldn't stomach the taco bell of speed.
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 1.08.13, 4:14 pm Post #369: | Reply With Quote
Well, with 17mm hubs, I would be unable to fit my 2.2" wheels+tires. Or my Sc tires as well
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 1.16.13, 5:13 am Post #370: | Reply With Quote
So, I've decided, a scale rollcage and interior is the way to go, buuuuuuuuuuut

my chassis broke, so it's tiiiiiiiiiiime for

another CHASSIS, this time, made the right way, and not just thrown together in an afternoon