Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 1.08.13, 10:50 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
It was great lots of great people ( never thought there is that many people around here that liked rc ). I was on my way home with the wife and kids after watching a movie looked over off the side of the interstate and there it was a track full of cars. I knew what had to be done. Got home threw the car and the charger in the truck. I get there tell the guy running it I want to race so he said lets hurry up starts in 5 minutes. He threw a transponder in my truck told me to head up to the drivers stand next thing I know we are off. Got up to fourth out of twelve then

I cleared a double nice and clean didn't have to dig hard at all so I thought I could clear the tripple well came up a few inches short back tires caught the top/back of the ramp and ended my day quick. The guy even refunded my money for the race ( guess he felt bad ). Made a trip to the lhs and got rpm. Going to get the front sometime this week it was out of stock. If the weather holds out hopefully I will get some practice on tomorrow.

Here is some picks of the track

Not my rig but lets say this track requires some stiff shocks. Check out the clubs website http://rocckracing.com/
"Shake n' Bake"
indy34096 - 1.08.13, 10:55 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Nice story, I personally think that discovering a track to race at is the best thing that can happen to an RC'er. It's a great time and lets you run with many others!
Associated B4.1 FT, Associated RC10 Classic, ProBoat Impulse 26
He passed me, so I rammed him. -- Rocket Rex Staten
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Larry's Performance R/C's Frequent
"Northern New Jersey"
Bunzo - 1.08.13, 11:06 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Wow thats a nice track. I wish the place near me was that nice and had lights.
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.08.13, 2:02 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Glad you enjoyed it. I go to the local track and just practice on the weekends. They dont have any classes for brushed motors.

Where is that at?
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"Experienced user"
Chevis - 1.08.13, 5:22 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Awesome, lucky find. I ran my Slash at an old shut down track around here Sunday, word is someone is trying to lease it and start racing there again.

My son blew off both his rear shock caps, and bent both shafts. The track is HARD on trucks apparently.
"Experienced user"
boskisc10 - 1.08.13, 5:37 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Looks like a sweet track! And breakings never fun but it does help to know your truck better!
sc10ft
Kyosho Ultima sc-r
Slash 4x4
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 1.08.13, 7:25 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Its super nice in Knoxville, TN no brushed motors here or traxxas for that matter they all run losi and associated they got like 1/5 truggys too gas powered man they fly but they also have 6x15 enclosed trailers with power inverters that where huge.
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.08.13, 8:03 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Dang, that is awesome. I am coming to Nashville on the 18th. trying to figure out if it is worth bringing a truck.

Yea, I have seen those guys with the motorhomes& the trailer full of RC gear. I envy them.

Go and have a good time, that is what it is all about. Humbling, but fun. Enjoy.
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.08.13, 8:54 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
that's awesome bigdodge! that track looks great!

sorry to tell you, but I did laugh at all the things you broke on your first day at the track :P
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 1.09.13, 6:48 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Rain today don't know if I'll get to practice or not. I will be having fun broke truck, wallet and all. I laughed at myself too. Had that tower on there for 4 years and never broke it. But the truck has never got that high in the air either. The stub axle is nothing new also found a rod end that was showing some white. Lhs still doesn't have the front shock tower. Next practice is saturday so maybe by then. I can't get over the size of the track the picture makes it look small. It takes up more than half of the place ( this is usually where they have tractor pulls and demo derby's when the fair comes in. It is funny to see the 1/10 buggies running around there they look so small.