Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
slasht3 - 1.07.13, 10:54 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
So I have a new slash 2wd vxl many of you know the steering was upgraded to the 4x4 bellcrank/servo saver and servo horn. How does this effect the install of strc lcg. I have searched again and again and havent a clear yes goes right together or no "this" is the mod that needs to be done or do I have to get old style bell and horn?
Looking forward to being a member. Seems like a good crowd. I come from 7 years of bashing a team associated rc10t3 that I love and finally decided to get a new ride so the t3 can go through a full tear down restore.
Landed on slash 2wd vxl a month ago. Many upgrades due to 3s lipo making the new truck a challange to adapt to. Love it though.. except im severly kicking myself for not waiting for the rally... man alive its a thing of wonder..
"Experienced user"
tachikoma1373 - 1.07.13, 11:33 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
The strc mod only extends the rear so you shouldn't have any issues.
slash5803.wordpress.com - a (poorly maintained) blog about a small toy for a big boy
"Experienced user"
slasht3 - 1.08.13, 6:48 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Yes yes but it changes the servo tova "lay down" style and the bell crank is bigger for the 4x4. Which the new 2wd comes with. Will it fit?
"Experienced user"
slasht3 - 1.08.13, 7:00 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I realize. But it changes the servo to a lay down style. And the bell crank for the new slasg 2wd. It has the 4x4 bellcrank and servo saver. From what ivheard the old slash 2wd requires modification to use rhe 4x4 bellcrank so is it safe to assume the rustler chassis will require mod aswell I guess is my question.
"Experienced user"
slasht3 - 1.08.13, 11:25 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Well it changes theb servo to a lay down style and captures the bellcrank withen the rustys upper deck and chassis. My question is does the 4x4 style bellcrank fit?
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 1.08.13, 1:38 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Yes.

I had got my slash before they switched over to the 4x4 style crank...

I bought a 4x4 crank for a different truck.... The instruction sheet clearly stated... "use this piece for slash 4x4, or this piece for slash 2wd/rustler/bandit install."
(Last edited by erevo1*16 : 1.08.13 at 1:40 pm)
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 1.08.13, 9:26 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Ive just finished an LCG conversion using the Rustler chassis. Am using the ProLine bell cranks and with these there is an issue because the bellcrank body on the servo saver side is a larger diameter than the stock white plastic bellcranks. It fouls on the servo mounting screws. Have filed a flat edge on the mounting screw head so that it just clears. You may have this same problem with the 4x4 bellcranks.
"Experienced user"
slasht3 - 1.09.13, 7:05 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Thank very much thats wat I needed. Slight mod is okay! Terrific news my excitment level just sky rocketed