Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
JSchubz - 1.08.13, 10:07 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Long story short...

I got a used Losi XXX-NT with the Mach .15 engine. It was originally a pull/roto start (but missing pieces) so I made a new cover plate from 1/8" aluminum. I used a piece of silicone from a cupcake mold to make a gasket. I readjusted the pegs on my Starter Box to fire it up, but I only had the engine running (not driving) for 5-10 minutes (one of the clutch bearings is smoked). The gasket works, no leaks!

Will my DIY plate be ok? The other non PS cover plates I have seen are 'pushed in' the fill the void in the crankcase, while mine is just a cover...

Is there a reason the non PS plates are 'pushed in'? Better fuel distribution? (Just guessing)

One more question; How does the Mach .15 compare to an OS Max .15CV Hyper? (I have the OS, still new in the box....!)

Thanks from a ~Nitro-newby!
"Experienced user"
ChuckFinley - 1.09.13, 8:11 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
JSchubz said
Long story short...

I got a used Losi XXX-NT with the Mach .15 engine. It was originally a pull/roto start (but missing pieces) so I made a new cover plate from 1/8" aluminum. I used a piece of silicone from a cupcake mold to make a gasket. I readjusted the pegs on my Starter Box to fire it up, but I only had the engine running (not driving) for 5-10 minutes (one of the clutch bearings is smoked). The gasket works, no leaks!

Will my DIY plate be ok? The other non PS cover plates I have seen are 'pushed in' the fill the void in the crankcase, while mine is just a cover...

Is there a reason the non PS plates are 'pushed in'? Better fuel distribution? (Just guessing)

One more question; How does the Mach .15 compare to an OS Max .15CV Hyper? (I have the OS, still new in the box....!)

Thanks from a ~Nitro-newby!
Plates are pushed in to reduce crankcase volume. Too much volume will decrease performance, but if it works then great.
"Experienced user"
JSchubz - 1.09.13, 9:54 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
So I have found that a non PS cover plate from a .12 should work on my Mach.15?

A DYN6534. Can anyone confirm this?

Or would I be better off dropping in the OS engine?

What makes the .15 'Hyper', anyway? I guess just because it comes with the 10A slide carb? That it?

Thanks again