Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
ryhs97 - 1.08.13, 4:48 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I built an easy vee and im probably getting a gizmo zenoah clone, so what all do I need for the drive line? I already have a flex shaft from a weedeater.
Im t-max97 on rcu
"RC Boat Rock Star"
Geezer - 1.08.13, 10:18 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Buy a regular flex cable while you're ordering from Joe (Zippkits), you'll save yourself a lot of hassle. Joe also has a complete hardware kit for sale for the boat and all of his other kits. his prices are very reasonable even though it might not look like it when you're buying everything. http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index....roducts_id=388
I have an Easy-Vee in my basement but currently have an A-box kit on the table. I've also built two of the JAE .12's, a JAE .21 and had the gas version but let Mike Walker build that one for me. He's got a new kit in the works but hasn't said what it is yet. He does have a 72" Cat and mono that they've been playing with but they're not ready for release yet.
The boat should be a good runner with that setup, just don't tell Joe that you bought your engine from Gizmo! He's selling the Warehouse Hobbies clone.

BTW, it's good to see yet another gas or even nitro boater in amongst all of the electric boat people in here! No Plug & Play's for us!
(Last edited by Geezer : 1.08.13 at 10:26 pm) Reason: Added link.
"Experienced user"
ryhs97 - 1.09.13, 9:01 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Ok thanks alot, yeah I did find that he had better prices on things and i wont tell him about the engine lol.I was about to order everything from him but the engine mount is out of stock and he said it wont be in untill the 20th and everywhere else costs more so i dont know what ill do about that. An electric plug and play doesnt sound like much fun to me. lol
Im t-max97 on rcu
"RC Boat Rock Star"
Geezer - 1.09.13, 9:34 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I use his engine mounts in all of my RCMK powered boats as I prefer to use one brand in case I have to do an engine swap quickly at a race. There's better yet more expensive hardware out there but his stuff does just fine. Joe has excellent service as I've bought a lot of things from him online and in person. I'll see him again in April at the Toledo show.
I've also dealt with Bruce Lykins at Gizmo a few times. He is a southern gentleman on the phone and also good to deal with.
"Experienced user"
ryhs97 - 1.09.13, 12:35 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I may just wait for them to come in stock i dont know, I should but im impatient sometimes. lol
Im t-max97 on rcu
"RC Boat Rock Star"
Geezer - 1.09.13, 1:04 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
It shouldn't take long as he's usually right on it when re-ordering.