Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
Sam Langer - 1.06.13, 8:08 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hi there. I am new to the 1/8th scale Buggy / Truggy scene (6years exp with 1/10th scale scts and tamiya ta05 gear) and recently picked up a Mugen MBX6 - Eco from a friend for 500$
Here are the specs

Mugen mbx6 Chassis
Tekin RX8 esc
2050kv Tekin Buggy Motor
Three 4cell 50c Gens Ace 5000 LiPo's
+ 120$ in random spare parts ( Some aluminum some plastic)
I'm wondering if there are any parts that are a mandatory upgrade.
Thanks in advance!
"Experienced Basher!"
Rowdy216 - 1.07.13, 3:26 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Nope! That's the best thing about The mugen eco. Upgrades aren't needed.

Bash like you mean it!
"Experienced user"
T&K R/C RaceWay - 1.07.13, 3:34 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Maybe ceramic bearings but that's just for more speed other than that, that's probably the best buggy out.
"Experienced user"
4x4moneypit - 1.07.13, 5:01 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
A arms... Buy PLENTY of sets. The problem is the A Arms are rather brittle. I campainged a MBX6 Eco Last year and won more races than I lost with it. Even TQed a couple of times. I did snap A arms often though, even kept me from placing on more than one occasion. This is with easy , all be them fast, landings Also, check all chassis screws. Make sure they are not frozen. I love the kit. Best handling I have ever driven.
Now in Austin, TX
Founder - Bomb Pop Race team
Feel it...Power...
"Experienced user"
legless - 1.07.13, 5:11 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Screw kit !!!!!!

I swear almost every screw fell out of both my ECOs lol.
"New user"
Sam Langer - 1.08.13, 4:16 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
What about RPM replacement A - arms , Have you tried those? Or do those have too much flex
"Experienced user"
Heeelmooi - 1.09.13, 3:51 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
There are no RPM arms for the Mugen. I've heard of some people boiling them for increased strength.
Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser VE - Tamiya Bear Hawk - Wild Willy 2 - Hobbyking Trailblazer 1/8 MT - Thunder Tiger (S)MT4 G3 - Losi 8ight-T 2.0 - HPI Vorza - HK Monster Beatle (GF) - TT E-mta (sold) - MERV (sold)
"Don't know much about rockets"
GypsyRC - 1.09.13, 1:14 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Sounds like you got a good deal that buggy really comes ready to race out of the box doesn't really need upgraded parts maybe some up high priced ceramic bearings and maybe some extra parts just in case but all in all good job on that Buy

I want to get one my self
Losi XXX-SCT w/ TLR Tuning Kit - Ofna Lx2e CC-MM 2200KV System - 2 Losi Micro Brushless SCT's - ECX Torment SCT

Follow Me On Instagram : GypsyRc