Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
SlashBasher42 - 1.14.13, 8:55 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
So, I was just looking at the "If you had $1000" thread and it got me thinking.

I sometimes catch myself thinking about what ONE RC I would get if I had unlimited funds, for racing and for bashing. To be honest I think of different one's all the time, but I'll list the ones in my head at the moment. It can get a bit challenging to decide, but that's part of the fun!

No need to list things like certain LiPo's, tools, chargers, etc, as it is obvious you'd get the best available for your situation. Feel free to list any/all upgrades, I'm just going to put "all the fixin's" simply because there are so many options. Please at least list what Motor/ESC or Engine you would have, along with the car.

This is purely for fun/entertainment and I'd like to see what other people would do with unlimited funds in this hobby. Please no criticism or pointless posts.

List 'em up! I'll start.

Racing :
Team Losi SCTE with all the fixin's.
-Tekin RX8 with Tenshock SC411 4600kv
-White & Blue custom paint scheme

Bashing :
Losi 5T with all the fixin's.
-Brushless Conversion
-Castle Mamba XL2 & 2028 Series Motor
-Black & Yellow custom paint scheme

My goodness that one would be fun!
"Experienced user"
Megabiker98 - 1.14.13, 9:19 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Mine are virtually exactly the same!!! Hahahaha except I would probably go with a tekin pro-4 just so I could get the support from more of my local hobby shops!
"Experienced user"
SlashBasher42 - 1.14.13, 9:22 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Megabiker98 said
Mine are virtually exactly the same!!! Hahahaha except I would probably go with a tekin pro-4 just so I could get the support from more of my local hobby shops!
Nice! I was also thinking about a Pro4 or maybe a Novak 550, but I have never owned a Novak so I'm not sure of them. Plus.. you have unlimited funds, so who cares if your motor burns?
"Experienced user"
Megabiker98 - 1.14.13, 9:35 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
SlashBasher42 said
Nice! I was also thinking about a Pro4 or maybe a Novak 550, but I have never owned a Novak so I'm not sure of them. Plus.. you have unlimited funds, so who cares if your motor burns?
I've had a couple neighbors with novaks, seemed to be plenty powerful although he did have it in a kyosho gt-2! Hahahah but ya unlimited opens the door fer days! Lol
"Experienced user"
DikkieKlijn - 1.14.13, 9:49 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Yeah losi 5ive-t. But no electric conversion, I like the roar of the gas engine .

Or, completely design my own 5-scale car.
"Impervious to Perfection"
2genewb - 1.14.13, 11:20 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
unlimited?

five words;

Grant Imahara pit crew leader.
No Cerveza, No Trabajo. Muchas Gracias.
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 1.14.13, 11:31 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Unlimited funds??

I would have one of these...

http://rcscalemodelstore.com/ships-a...-ready-to-run/

Or does it have to be a car/truck??
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, Boost, C4rcu4t, Bullhead, Summit, Telluride, Trail Trekker, Night Vapor, UM T-28, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Duet, Tidewater, DJI Phantom, Nano QX, Proto X Nano, Scout CX, Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck, Volere
"Live Fast Play Dirty!"
Blinding - 1.15.13, 12:21 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
x2 Losi 5ive's
x2 Baja 5bs
x2 Axial Wraiths
x2 Axial Scx10's
x2 Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate
x2 Tamiya Toyota Bruisers
x2 of these http://store.rc4wd.com/Subzero-110-S...-Kit_p_54.html
x2 Tamiya M06R's
x2 Tamiya XV01's
x2 Traxxas EMAXX's
x2 Traxxas Rally's

thats all I can think of atm...
Axial SCX10
Axial AX10 - Deadbolt
Blade Scout CX - Indoor Fun
"Vacationing user"
Byodood - 1.15.13, 5:55 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
I'm simple to please. I'd probably just have an XO-1 and a Trailfinder 2.
"eh.. yeah.."
ultima_db - 1.15.13, 9:10 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
a 5sc, with twin engine and white rollcage, or all the ultima series cars from kyosho with the nessecary upgrades to make them robust and well performing
Both me and my rifle are known as "The Bushmaster"