Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
??? - 6.26.13, 8:09 pm Post #261: | Reply With Quote
I haven't done mine. but in the instructions that come with the RTR kit, there's a small folded thing for the motor and esc. it tells you have to program the esc manually.
"Experienced user"
hound54 - 6.26.13, 8:12 pm Post #262: | Reply With Quote
It's super easy to do just follow the instructions.
two slash`s 1 thunder tech outlaw lcg stock electronics and 1 xtreme racing lcg with a venom 3300kv and esc combo.1 4x4 stampede....oh and two rc8.2e's
"Experienced user"
LosiOZ - 6.29.13, 1:32 am Post #263: | Reply With Quote
double post
(Last edited by LosiOZ : 6.29.13 at 1:53 am)
Kyosho MP9 TKi3 Tekno V4 / Ultima RB5 SP WC
Mugen MB6 ECO
Losi 8ight-e 2.0

Serpent Cobra 811-be

Team Associated RC8.2eFT / Apex Touring V-Type / RC8T Tekno
V3 / B44.2
"Experienced user"
LosiOZ - 6.29.13, 1:47 am Post #264: | Reply With Quote
Here is my RC8.2e RTR, i have made so many upgrades that it is a Factory Team Kit now.
My upgrades and changes so far:
Front & Rear FT Shock Towers
XP DS1015 Servo
AE Mud Guards
Front & Rear FT Aluminum Chassis Braces
A,B,C,D Plates
Center CVA's
Rear CVA's
Front FT Aluminum Steering Knuckles
FT Blue Hex Hubs & Wheel Nuts
JConcepts Illuzion Wing
Front & Rear FT Complete Shocks
FT Top Plate
FT Motor Mount
AKA I-Beam Medium Racing Pre-Mounted Tires
20t Novak Pinion Gear
T-Bone Racing Front Pro Bumper

I needed a lot more top end speed for my track so i changed to a 20t pinion to go with the stock Reedy 2000kv motor,
my races are 7-8 minutes long and i have no issues with motor temps.
I am looking at changing the motor and ESC to a sensored Hobbywing 150a ESC and a 2150kv leopard sensored motor.

Kyosho MP9 TKi3 Tekno V4 / Ultima RB5 SP WC
Mugen MB6 ECO
Losi 8ight-e 2.0

Serpent Cobra 811-be

Team Associated RC8.2eFT / Apex Touring V-Type / RC8T Tekno
V3 / B44.2
"Experienced user"
homer - 6.29.13, 5:49 am Post #265: | Reply With Quote
Very nice! Just do yourself a favor and lose the oring pin retainers on the center cvds, get the cvd rebuild kit and use the metal retaining rings and even the set screws if you like. I also like using the rubber boots so I can fill the joint with grease.
"Experienced user"
piano - 6.29.13, 8:19 am Post #266: | Reply With Quote
Somehow .. those rubber boots break all the time ..

Well, we are bashing RC in a very dusty/stonely/windy/bugly dry drit bike track ...

By the way, LosiOZ, if you go Hobbywing, why not go with whole package? will cost less then go with Leopard motor .. (could be made by hobbywing too?) but looks nice, I almost think the blue matellic finish on hobbywing motors are the best looking .. you also get the awesome LCD program card with the combo ..

I may suggest the 120A Xerun over the 150A Xerun, more updated design, strong bec... (I believe) and external plug for programing, instead of open up your radio box all the time, (which isn't bad on RC8, but on other cars, pain to up screw 2-4 screws everytimg) and dont need to re-attach the RX wire if you use BEC.. kind of like Viper system, but Viper external program card plug will trap dirt so easy ...
"Experienced user"
??? - 6.29.13, 8:38 am Post #267: | Reply With Quote
nice looking.

I should really get a bumper for my lack of driving skills lol. seem to help much?
"Experienced user"
hound54 - 6.29.13, 9:22 am Post #268: | Reply With Quote
I got a t bone basher bumper.....but my esc is in for warranty so I haven't tried it out yet
two slash`s 1 thunder tech outlaw lcg stock electronics and 1 xtreme racing lcg with a venom 3300kv and esc combo.1 4x4 stampede....oh and two rc8.2e's
"Experienced user"
homer - 6.29.13, 9:29 am Post #269: | Reply With Quote
My boots have lasted 30 hrs now with no issues mb its the grease I use? I blew my stock motor and esc I wasn't aware there was a warranty any longer than 90 days or so. How long is the warranty?
"Experienced user"
hound54 - 6.29.13, 9:36 am Post #270: | Reply With Quote
90 days mine lasted around 4 good bash sessions