Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
WamBow - 4.13.17, 8:24 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
In researching next 1/8th scale truggy purchase i landed on the Kraton. I started studying the Kraton specs on the Arrma website and noticed a note that raced concerns. Note 1 states that vehicle is not to be used off-road. I confirmed with Arrma that this note is valid. That said, it's probably a legal CYA note to void a warranty if used off-road. I've seen plenty of video of the Kraton running off-road with 6s. Just seemed odd to put that note on a truggy that's clearly intended for off-road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kraton speed table.jpg (90.7 KB, 24 views)
"Hobby harder, it'll stunt"
Jerry-Rigged - 5.08.17, 11:07 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I think that note is referring to running the "speed pinion" on 6s, in a off-road / high drag surface. This WILL lead to huge heat in the motor and ESC, and could burn them out.

High drag surfaces, like sand, loose dirt, or grass needs lower gearing. Higher voltages needs lower gearing. So yeah, the warning makes sense to me.
Born again RC'er.
Arrma Kraton, Arrma Typhon, ECX Torment 2wd, Turnigy 1/16 Mini-Trooper, Losi XX-CR
"Experienced user"
Mxmumpwr - 5.28.17, 2:41 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I think I've seen that same warning in some phrasing or another on every RC Ive owned.
Slash 4x4 - HCG
Kraton - Basher (4s)
Raider Mega ('14) - strong chassis/weak electronics
Dromida Ominus - consistent and dependable.
"New user"
justinfaudeaux - 6.15.17, 9:58 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
The Arma Rc cars have been a favourite of mine for awhile now. I would recommend them to anybody
"Experienced user"
Trotter - 8.04.17, 8:08 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I just bought mine last night and I did nothing but dirt bash it for 2 hours on like 6 sets of 3s. I had no issue.