Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - Yesterday, 6:27 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
On that trail run video I was driving through the sandy, sometimes wet soil and at the end of the run this is what the it looked like under the body.

[IMG][/IMG]

It's really a tight fit and no rattles either. It's a little too closed up to keep the electronics cool though. I used a body reamer and made some air vents just behind the navigator seat.

[IMG][/IMG]

I changed the shock oil in the rear shocks to 20wt but it may be the same as stock. I'm not sure. I only changed the rear for now.

So with new steel gears and shock oil and air vents I ran it up and down the street on 2s, with a few trips through the grass, until the battery ran out and at the end the motor temp was 115F at the hottest reading. The esc was in the 90s.
Tekno SCT 410.3, Arrma Kraton, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Tacon/LC Racing Rally/SCT/MT x3, Losi Mini 8ight, Carisma M10DB, Axial AX10 Deadbolt, Vaterra Ascender '72 Bronco, Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS, Sky RC SR5 Super Rider
"Experienced user"
Noel2 - Yesterday, 7:08 pm Post #42: | Reply With Quote
That's a lot better than what others were getting. Nice to see a few vent holes are all that's needed to fix the heat issues.
"Regular user"
RGunn - Yesterday, 7:48 pm Post #43: | Reply With Quote
Pretty amazing how clean that thing is after a day in the dirt! With the body sealing out dirt so well, how is dirt getting into the spur gear?

Wish our little Dromidas would stay that clean but after a run on the track the chassis is filled with dirt. An air compressor is part of our between batteries routine.
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - Today, 12:56 pm Post #44: | Reply With Quote
A big part of some people's heat issue is running 3s. On my 2s run the car is really quick but the top speed seemed to plane out between 25 and 30mph which will bug some people. On a small track this thing is going to be great.

It was impressive to see it so clean. I'll give it a better dirt test and we'll see how clean it is then.
Tekno SCT 410.3, Arrma Kraton, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Tacon/LC Racing Rally/SCT/MT x3, Losi Mini 8ight, Carisma M10DB, Axial AX10 Deadbolt, Vaterra Ascender '72 Bronco, Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS, Sky RC SR5 Super Rider