Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 8.20.17, 6:40 pm Post #12021: | Reply With Quote
Out for flight with X-Vert in new spot
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 8.20.17, 6:40 pm Post #12022: | Reply With Quote
I got the Summit almost completed. Still need a new motor for it.

Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Experienced user"
Quik89si - Yesterday, 6:41 am Post #12023: | Reply With Quote
Replaced the transmission case on my Rustler last night after a few too many wheelie scrapes. It had gotten to the point where it was wearing the screws down. I added the bumper mount as well to give a little bit more protection. While I had it apart I added a few globs of 100k diff fluid to the diff so I will see how that works after mixing with the synthetic grease that was already in there. I replaced old stripped Phillips hardware with new hex head VXL hardware. I still need two new 3x12 screws to wrap things up. The more I go theough this old truck (that I have had since 1994 or so) the more odd pieces of mismatched hardware I find...
"zen master"
wave_rider91 - Yesterday, 8:11 am Post #12024: | Reply With Quote
thinking about changing the esc in my sc10. i have a sc600 i think in there with a 3900kv 4 pole motor. a friend has the same motor and same battery and his truck is a little bit faster but his truck has a castle sidewinder esc. its interesting, iv been thinking about it sense yesterday morning

yesterday morning off road bash sesh with friends
the greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - Yesterday, 4:49 pm Post #12025: | Reply With Quote
The synthetic grease and the silicone diff oil are going to destroy each other. Viscous fluids rely on cohesion to achieve their viscosity; if you mix together two fluids that get in the way of each other's molecules, the cohesion will be lost and so will the viscosity. I wouldn't be surprised if it loses most of its viscosity within a couple runs.
(Last edited by fyrstormer : Yesterday at 4:57 pm)
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
Noel2 - Yesterday, 7:14 pm Post #12026: | Reply With Quote
It's gonna turn into a chunky mustard looking thing, so I've heard.

Got my LC 1/14 rebuilt. I forgot how fun it was to run this thing. hopefully the diffs hold up.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - Yesterday, 8:27 pm Post #12027: | Reply With Quote
Did a chassis swap with the BT-4. Now back to the gearing game. Think I've know what I'm looking for. Just not sure what combo is best choice.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - Today, 1:30 am Post #12028: | Reply With Quote
Shakedown run with the sporty and c3 wraith ahead of Sundays comp.

Wraith drove amazing, sporty cracked a pinion. Must have had a hairline crack from the packet as it was brand new. The few minutes I got with it were great though. Still not perfect, but a great start.

(Last edited by Kingy : Today at 1:33 am)
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Experienced user"
Quik89si - Today, 6:36 am Post #12029: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
The synthetic grease and the silicone diff oil are going to destroy each other. Viscous fluids rely on cohesion to achieve their viscosity; if you mix together two fluids that get in the way of each other's molecules, the cohesion will be lost and so will the viscosity. I wouldn't be surprised if it loses most of its viscosity within a couple runs.
Sounds like it should be a lot of fun to clean up! I figured it probably wouldn't work for long but was too lazy to clean out the old synthetic grease. What's the best way to do that - acetone?

The new 2.2 Trenchers that I had on back order for a month or so should be in shortly. I will be mounting them on a set of Revolvers. Currently researching best options to reduce ballooning. I think I will give the fishing line method a shot. These will be replacing the old Dirt Hawgs that are nearly bald in the rear. Not many options for all terrain 2.2 truck tires these days.
"Experienced user"
dan10channel - Today, 5:24 pm Post #12030: | Reply With Quote
Added some corrosionx on my Summit Vxl. Not much more, still waiting for a better battery for my Trx-4, hopefully Amazon refunds my Venom Nimh batteries.
I have a YouTube channel. Idk what else to say...