Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Thumper01 - 7.18.17, 5:23 am Post #11: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
17.5T would be comparable to the Titan 12T so a 13.5T would be the next level up... on your track, acceleration/torque is what you need the most to be competitive.

Exactly what I was thinking. You could probably gear up a 17.5 to give you what your looking for, especially in a 6 minute race. But if you want a motor that is certainly faster than the Titan, than a 13.5 would be the answer. A decent 17.5 brushless motor could probably handle bit taller gearing than the Titan without the heat issues. To sum up: a 17.5 MIGHT get you there with tall gearing, but a 13.5 SHOULD do the job nicely.
"carpet killer"
rag6 - 7.18.17, 5:25 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info and advice Bill DeLong, glad you chimed in as I've read a bunch of your threads and enjoyed and learned a bunch from them. I just don't know sensored stuff. I will look into the 13.5.

And thanks thumper also.

Now I asked for a budget system, and linked one earlier. Is this a dependable combo? The price is def right where I want it to be.
(Last edited by rag6 : 7.18.17 at 5:35 am)
HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!!!
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 7.18.17, 6:07 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Leopard is decent quality.... for a 13.5T system I prefer the Hobby Wing Justock from HobbyWing Direct. They will stand the test of time... SMC also sells some pretty good 13.5T motors too...I've had good luck with GoolRC motors on eBay.
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
Thumper01 - 7.18.17, 1:07 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
I can't comment a ton on the various budget sensored systems available. I'm running a Trackstar 17.5 combo (around $70 if I remember right) in one of my RC10 Worlds buggys. My other sensored setups are all either Tekin, Novak, or Reedy.

I think the Trackstar system from Hobbyking is fantastic for the money. If you decide to go that route, be sure to get the program box. It makes tuning much easier.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 7.18.17, 3:46 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
Here's the links to what I would buy for myself today:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...ant=4734196356
+
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GoolRC-5...0AAOSwPK1ZVGRX

For the most part, it's really hard to screw up a motor, where ESC's tend to be far more finicky... if I were to take any shortcuts, I might give this motor a shot:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/540-13-5T-Se...0AAOSwknJXz8vR

*** I would feel FAR more comfortable with this combo than any other budget system out there. Also note that everything I've linked is free shipping too
(Last edited by BillDeLong : 7.18.17 at 3:49 pm)
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"carpet killer"
rag6 - 7.19.17, 5:17 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Thanks again. I have a 120 amp leopard in my revo with 1800kv. It has been very good to me. If I go with the cheaper one I linked, I will give a review here...
HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!!!