Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
SlashMaxx4x4 - 3.18.17, 7:01 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
Wow, all atomik aluminum? Is there stuff good quality?
"Gone Racing"
"Experienced user"
Fredo - 3.18.17, 8:18 pm Post #42: | Reply With Quote
riderinblack said
Anyone running the Strc bell crank? I keep hearing stories that the metal on metal servo saver gets dirty and won't slide properly stripping gears. Anyone running one ever ran into issues with it?
I run the STRC bell-crank, I haven't had any issues with dirt, I run on very sandy dirt here in So Cal. I do make sure to clean my car when I get home. However I don't go to great efforts to clean it. I just bow it off and brush with a dry brush.

The only issue I had what on of the locator pins on the slash LCG broke and made for wobbly steering, I've since go to a carbon fiber chassis with metal locators.
Aluminum shock caps are like a gateway drug
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.18.17, 9:21 pm Post #43: | Reply With Quote
SlashMaxx4x4 said
Wow, all atomik aluminum? Is there stuff good quality?
I have never had any issues with their products, not on the 4x4 or the 2wd.great budget alternative IMHO. When buying stuff for 3 trucks it gets expensive quick so I'm a big fan of budget alternatives. Not gonna say it's super awesome Lazer precision cnc machined air craft carrier grade tungsten carbide space shuttle tested stuff or what ever the other guys lie about but it is good stuff, does the job.

@fredo thanks man good to hear
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.18.17, 10:44 pm Post #44: | Reply With Quote
I think its ready for the socal deserts

Slipper clutch upgrade

Apart from the Revo aluminum slipper I added the Robinson racing brass bearing adaptor, up next is the (still undecided on brand) aluminum motor mount.
(Last edited by riderinblack : 3.19.17 at 1:14 am)
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.19.17, 1:41 am Post #45: | Reply With Quote
I think I see a pattern
"Experienced user"
MasteroFlego - 3.19.17, 10:55 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
for the motor mount, you mean the actual bulkhead part, right? not the plate you attach the motor to? if you mean the bulkhead with the bearings in it that holds half of the slipper clutch, i've heard the kingheadz one is good, because it uses bigger bearings.
"Regular user"
SlashMaxx4x4 - 3.19.17, 12:29 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
Have you had any issues with the stock front axles? I snapped mine when I still had the stock VXl system in mine, running on 3S.
"Gone Racing"
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.19.17, 7:14 pm Post #48: | Reply With Quote
I do snap one every now and then but it isn't often enough to make me upgrade them, if anything they make me drive it more carefully. In the 2 years I've had the 4x4 I've snapped 3

Correct on the motor mount, it's between that and the hot racing one which also uses a larger bearing. I just can't justify it at the moment. The stock part has given me no issues what so ever. The only plus to the aluminum one would be a slight drop in temperature which I don't need, would be nice but I'd if the added weight is worth that trade off.
(Last edited by riderinblack : 3.19.17 at 7:28 pm)
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.21.17, 6:53 pm Post #49: | Reply With Quote
I'm going to need new front shocks pretty soon, the xd103s are old and tired and in need of a rebuild kit. I'd rather slap those in the rear of my 2wd build and get new ones.

Any suggestions that don't include Trx big bore PL pro pecs or power strokes? You guys have any luck with shocks like the King scale shocks or the Rc run knockoffs?

New electric Rc fuel pack came in
(Last edited by riderinblack : 3.21.17 at 7:29 pm)
"Experienced user"
MasteroFlego - 3.22.17, 10:05 am Post #50: | Reply With Quote
why don't you want power strokes?