Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
Willywils - 7.21.17, 10:25 am Post #341: | Reply With Quote
So the steel input gear just destroyed the TA gear I just rebuilt....I thought the diff was slipping but tightening had no effect so I broke it apart. Plastic gear is worn right down.

What now? TA RC18T input & diff gear together I guess.

If that doesn't work I'll drive this thing off a bridge.
Tamiya Clodbuster - the dream at 14. Traxxas X-Maxx - Reality 2017.
"Experienced user"
jimcjeep - 7.21.17, 2:03 pm Post #342: | Reply With Quote
Your truck is looking nice and has come a long way. Maybe either get the new all-metal diffs from Traxxas or get these https://www.gpmracing-parts.com/asso...-90010843.html
"Regular user"
Willywils - 7.23.17, 11:26 am Post #343: | Reply With Quote
jimcjeep said
Your truck is looking nice and has come a long way. Maybe either get the new all-metal diffs from Traxxas or get these https://www.gpmracing-parts.com/asso...-90010843.html
Yeah, it's coming along. Thanks for the link. I've ordered x2 sets of the plastic TA input + Diff gears so hopefully plastic on plastic won't be so bad. I don't even thrash it so if the same thing happens again, I'll order those GPM steel parts from Hong Kong and that will make my drive train 100% steel. I just ordered all the Hot Racing parts for this bad boy so I need to find the right combo. It is such fun to drive.
(Last edited by Willywils : 7.23.17 at 11:30 am)
Tamiya Clodbuster - the dream at 14. Traxxas X-Maxx - Reality 2017.