Sign in:
"Regular user"
agusorgen - Yesterday, 3:21 pm Post #61: | Reply With Quote
Yeah you are right...
They look awesome
I like turtles.
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - Yesterday, 9:17 pm Post #62: | Reply With Quote
I got the perfect solution! Aluminum tape, the type to seal up duct work. It's very thin and very sticky should work great
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - Today, 12:21 am Post #63: | Reply With Quote
So back on track here. I've had this Slash for about 2 years and have never had a problem with my front driveshafts until last week. Idk if it was the aluminum C hubs or the Revo slipper being too tight or possibly the little bit of extra travel I added but I broke 3 axles within 30 minutes. In the whole 2 years I've had this truck I've only broken 2 front axles about 8 months apart so 3 in 30 minutes comes as a shock to me. The rears quit breaking as soon as I went with Traxxas cvds.

So the question is, where do I go from here?...

I know these are the 3 popular choices but it seams like the x-dutys would be the way to go based on popular opinion and testimonials. I've only had the Traxxas cvds for about 10 packs worth so can't really speak on their durability (and there aren't many trustworthy testimonials online). Here's my concern..... Are the x-dutys stronger than the trxs cvds? If so this is a slight problem as the x-dutys will run up front and the trxs cvds in the rear. Transferring the weak link to the most expensive part and the one with the highest stress load. Or am I blowing bubbles here?

If any of you have had the Trx cvds for a while let me know how they've help up, what you've broken and what you replaced it with(I know there's replacement parts just haven't found any clarification on them being compatible).

Not sure what to go with here so any help is appreciated, one thing is for certain, not dropping another dime on stock axles. The DaKaR is a shelf queen until this issue is resolved.

Help me get this thing back to where it belongs
(Last edited by riderinblack : Today at 12:29 am)
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "