Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 3.24.17, 2:03 am Post #81: | Reply With Quote
Yep. I don't trust the self righting on this boat, definitely doesn't work if the battery is running low. I guess best solution is to set the LVC pretty high. I've also aquired a collapsible tool shaft that I'll bring on future runs, that'll greatly aid in recovering the boat.

Makes me appreciate why Streamline RC went for a passive flood chamber self-righting solution for the Thrasher, makes a lot more sense in actual use. Also from what I've seen, the Thrasher seems MUCH more resistant to overturning in the first place, despite being a taller boat. Pretty sure I'll be getting one sometime soon.

There's also this UK made boat, currently it's only been available in kit form, the maker says he may eventually be offering an ARTR version:

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

"Experienced user"
Utrak - 3.24.17, 1:31 pm Post #82: | Reply With Quote
The developer of the Pro Boat Jet Boat left a comment in my latest vid saying that an updated motor is in the works, and that I should contact Horizon to get one when they're ready.