Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Welcome to you're "doom!""
Dave_S - 8.10.17, 6:43 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
I'm guessing the traxxas quad is different than custom built ones or racers. I tried a smaller blade quad recently and thought it was horrible.

The traxxas is fairly hefty, I think that might contribute to it's ease of flight. The battery is 5000 mAh 3s, so that alone is pretty hefty.
I don't post much, but when i do i prefer Dos Eques.
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 8.10.17, 6:46 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
You have the hang of it now. Like a bicycle only not. Some real 1:1 pilots swear that flying a real plane is easier because you don't have to reverse the commands (your thinking) when it is coming toward you- something I still have a problem with. I practice on a sim every time before I go and fly the real deal. I can fly FAKE helicopters really well now but then if you invert them AND they are coming at me - no.
"I really don't pay attention to what anyone else says and don't care lol. I do what I like and it keeps me happy. " - Theibault
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 8.10.17, 7:09 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
Dave_S said
I'm guessing the traxxas quad is different than custom built ones or racers. I tried a smaller blade quad recently and thought it was horrible.

The traxxas is fairly hefty, I think that might contribute to it's ease of flight. The battery is 5000 mAh 3s, so that alone is pretty hefty.
I wouldn't touch one of the race quads. Seen a number of them at store. I'd seen the Aton a number of times. Just knew it would have ended up a pile of pieces.

The one I tried was similar to this. But FPV was still in the future.

http://www.ares-rc.com/xView/
Dave_S - 8.10.17, 7:16 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
That quad only weighs 42 grams, the aton weighs 860 grams. One of those light quads are much harder to fly imo. I can chill and float around with the aton in 15 mph wind.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 8.10.17, 7:33 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
Dave_S said
That quad only weighs 42 grams, the aton weighs 860 grams. One of those light quads are much harder to fly imo. I can chill and float around with the aton in 15 mph wind.
I never got off the ground with it. It would go made 6" of ground, dive hard to left or right and smash. Indoor, no wind. Before that was a Blade 120 helicopter. 3 sets of blades replaced, before selling it. It never once got above 2-3 feet. These were bad enuff to make me go 4 years

I came really close last October. If Outcast had not come out, I'd have bought that Kyosho flying car. Seen one fly, one of the guys I race against has one. It looks really cool flying. Plus the pistol style controller that lets it fly like driving.
Dave_S - 8.10.17, 7:40 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
understandable, lol. I've had bad luck with helis as well. Nearly every rtf I've purchased needed trim adjustment to not immediately pitch left or right and hit blades on the ground.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 8.10.17, 8:41 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
Dave_S said
understandable, lol. I've had bad luck with helis as well. Nearly every rtf I've purchased needed trim adjustment to not immediately pitch left or right and hit blades on the ground.
It's was one of those catch22 things for me. Can't adjust it unless it's flying, but it's so out of adjustment that it can't fly.

Had good flight tonight. I'll get video up when can. Cloudy skies actually made it easier to see. Going to need to find some kind of lights for it for winter flying.

Once I get landings down, camera is next. Don't know about going FPV. But definitely want to be able to do video.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 8.11.17, 8:09 am Post #38: | Reply With Quote

https://youtu.be/q2pIv64ng3Q
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 8.14.17, 10:29 am Post #39: | Reply With Quote
#14/15

https://youtu.be/DtkVm-3kr1w
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - Yesterday, 7:57 am Post #40: | Reply With Quote
#16. New spot to fly.

https://youtu.be/bv3fD9JHrKM