Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Welcome to you're "doom!""
Dave_S - 8.06.17, 10:04 pm Post #81: | Reply With Quote
New hubs installed. The buggy is really wide, gonna try and narrow it maybe?

I beat the heck out of it today. Ran very hard simulated road course driving. I think it was a good stress test for the servo because their is sooo much grip.

My motor kind of chilled around 400, sometimes a little below that. My servo got to 150 Fahrenheit! I couldn't find temperature specs on servo, but that seems pretty hot?

I don't post much, but when i do i prefer Dos Eques.
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 8.11.17, 11:47 am Post #82: | Reply With Quote
That's pretty hot, but it's hard to say since I think the biggest effect on performance would be on the servo motor itself, which is harder to get a reading on.
Youtube: MegaSneetch - RC videos whenever I can make them!
"Welcome to you're "doom!""
Dave_S - 8.11.17, 2:26 pm Post #83: | Reply With Quote
true. It has huge aluminium heat sink case. I have a telemetry sensor to install inside servo to get motor temps, but right now I'm having issue getting my telemetry setup to read two temperature inputs.

Since the engine temp seems fine, I might just move that sensor inside of the servo. I think the engine would be cheaper to repair than the servo anyways.
I don't post much, but when i do i prefer Dos Eques.