Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
smirk-racing - 8.12.17, 6:22 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
I like the body and tires but is there really any difference between this and the Truggy?

Great vid!
(Last edited by smirk-racing : 8.12.17 at 8:25 pm)
"Regular user"
RGunn - 8.12.17, 7:30 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
BYRC, thanks for making the vid! Most enjoyable!

So what's your first impression about the new buggy?
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 8.12.17, 11:15 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Vintage: By over dampening do you mean the shock oil seemed too thick? That's my initial impression.

smirk-racing: The motor is different. The arms are shorter. I'm not sure what else is different yet.

RGunn: You're welcome. I like it. I think it needs higher gearing and maybe lower weight shock oil.

A rock got into the gear box and started rubbing the side of the spur gear. I haven't taken it apart yet but I should have the steel gears on Monday.
Tekno SCT 410.3, Arrma Kraton, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Tacon/LC Racing Rally/SCT/MT x3, Losi Mini 8ight, Carisma M10DB, Axial AX10 Deadbolt, Vaterra Ascender '72 Bronco, Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS, Sky RC SR5 Super Rider
"Experienced user"
evetsyelspih - 8.13.17, 6:49 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
On my shocks the o rings were not greased so the shocks were just horrible! Quick rebuild and they are smooth as butter.
"Experienced user"
vintage - 8.13.17, 7:36 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
Yes it seemed really thick to me.
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 8.13.17, 7:58 pm Post #26: | Reply With Quote
That's an easy fix at least. Usually RTR's are under dampened.

Here's some footage of the M8DB going on a hike with me. It did surprisingly well.

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

Tekno SCT 410.3, Arrma Kraton, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Tacon/LC Racing Rally/SCT/MT x3, Losi Mini 8ight, Carisma M10DB, Axial AX10 Deadbolt, Vaterra Ascender '72 Bronco, Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS, Sky RC SR5 Super Rider
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 8.13.17, 10:26 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Here's some ground level shots with added music.

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

"Regular user"
RGunn - 8.14.17, 6:46 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
BYRC, love the vids, especially the slo-mo footage! Really enjoy the terrain you are using the buggy in. Pretty unique when compared to the track or street videos we see most often.

Buggy appears to be pretty tough and agile on a wide variety of terrain.
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 8.15.17, 6:45 am Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Thanks RGunn.
A small track is where this buggy will excel but it's fun to take it hiking with me.
I started running a second battery through it but a rock got stuck in between the spur gear and the spur cover causing a whining, grinding noise. I haven't opened it up yet. My steel gears should be here by today. The stock 60/14 gearing seems a little low. I'm going to try a 58t spur and see how that works.

Shock oils probably need to be changed to a lighter weight.
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 8.15.17, 7:02 am Post #30: | Reply With Quote
the mini 8ight lineups looks fun.
I'm just a guy who likes all kinds of RC vehicles