Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Jym1973 - 9.08.16, 10:40 am Post #61: | Reply With Quote
You still have this car? I thought you sold it
Tamiya Egress - Wild Willy M38 - H.King Rattler - Turnigy SCT 2wd V2 - Basher bsr RZ4 - BZ-444 - HuanQi EP 16 731 - WLtoys A212 1/24 MT - WLtoys K929 1/18 - XC Racing 1/18 - WLtoys 12428 - JLB Racing Truggy - SST Racing 1937 - RH 1/16 MT and SCT - Mammoth Blorza 1/8 - WLtoys 10428
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 9.08.16, 1:24 pm Post #62: | Reply With Quote
not yet at least... it's been collecting dust... I've had way too many other projects taking higher priority... I need to shoot another video with the car doing a handful of crashes and cartwheels at my local track... not a true "durability montage" like JANG used to do, but something to give folks an idea of what to expect out of the car.
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
Saigaa - 9.28.16, 7:26 am Post #63: | Reply With Quote
Hi, i cracked the thin plastic body and now looking for some aftermarket bodies that will fit this buggy. The stock body is cheap to buy but looks bad imo. Can anyone help me find a well fitted good looking body shell? Greatly appreatiated thanks.
"Experienced user"
A3T - 12.17.16, 12:49 pm Post #64: | Reply With Quote
Here is a short video of mine with 3S battery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iswfoEyLuk
"New user"
jackrat - 6.13.17, 12:13 pm Post #65: | Reply With Quote
I just received my sst last week and as this is my first true rc I am very impressed. The stock battery was ok, fun but wanted more so I stuck a 3s maxamp in it and was very pleased. Tore two tires and broke a peg from wing support. (all my fault cause I'm learning)
so I've read thru this thread before I purchased and seen links or compatable parts from different rc, now that I need parts I'm having trouble locating the brands compatible. would like to upgrade shocks at a min. thanks for any info.
"New user"
Stevaroni92 - 6.24.17, 7:55 am Post #66: | Reply With Quote
I went through 5 or 6 battery runs before I had any troubles at all with this car.

In the pictures you can see what happened, finally after all that bashing and abuse.

The picture of the whole car is trying to show how the wing crunched and crumpled in like 100 places and cracked in the middle.
One of the pictures shows how the wheel broke off before the 10 mm bolt, just spun right off the spokes lol
One of the pictures shows the worst of my bent dogbones, the 3 others are also bent a tad too
The other picture shows how the wing mount post broke off

All this is replaceable/upgradeable though. I just ordered 2 new stock tires (I know you can do a 12 to 17 hex adapter and run 1/8 wheels, but not for me just quite yet). As for the wing and wing mounts, I bought the left and right wing mounts to the Rattler and also it's wing, which I'm assuming is much tougher.
The dog bones I found the front set on banggood and the rear set on aliexpress

I highly recommend this buggy, especially for the price (I think it's on a deal on banggood right now). It's very durable and can take anything you throw at it. Just fast enough too, but I also ordered a ~4300 kv motor to stick in once my stock one dies. That's another great thing about it, lots of space around motor to add a bigger one.

To finish this off, I ran a 3200 MaH 35c battery through it, didn't seem to make much power difference but I swear it lasted 30 minutes on that battery, and it wasn't driving around slowly that whole time either!
"Experienced user"
Jym1973 - 8.12.17, 2:18 am Post #67: | Reply With Quote
My last video with my SST 1937 :

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

More info here : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...D-buggy-Review
Tamiya Egress - Wild Willy M38 - H.King Rattler - Turnigy SCT 2wd V2 - Basher bsr RZ4 - BZ-444 - HuanQi EP 16 731 - WLtoys A212 1/24 MT - WLtoys K929 1/18 - XC Racing 1/18 - WLtoys 12428 - JLB Racing Truggy - SST Racing 1937 - RH 1/16 MT and SCT - Mammoth Blorza 1/8 - WLtoys 10428
"Experienced user"
KristofferR - 8.12.17, 4:05 am Post #68: | Reply With Quote
Very interesting. I was eyeing this model as my LBS has been selling them for a few years and has been backing up with spares and good bundles for beginners. He said it was very good value.

I got to see a stock 1937 buggy in action on the local track a week ago and it seemed to handle and jump fine. The wing mount had broken of course but the car seems to be pretty good, your bashing would probably break most cars - you have material for a Durability Montage!
Edgery on Soundcloud
2x p4de VXL 2x Lunchbox & CC01 Pajero
"Experienced user"
Jym1973 - 8.12.17, 4:36 am Post #69: | Reply With Quote
it seemed to handle and jump fine.
Handling is correct, not the best but correct, and it jump quite nice.

The wing mount had broken of course but the car seems to be pretty goo
I replaced the wing and wing mount by the H.King rattler wing and wing mount. Just need to enlarge a little bit holes for the screws.

your bashing would probably break most cars
A-arms are made with soft plastic, so they are hard to break. But this can let the dog bone bend. Fortunately dog bone aren't hard to straighten. The front a-arms hinge pins bend too often, i have to find hinge pins made with harder steel or spring steel.

For the price, it is really cheap for what it is.