Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 8.12.17, 1:31 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I literally 'steal' this Xray buggy from my dad's friend. The engine is long dead, but the servos are still in perfect condition.
But anyone knows what Xray buggy is this?

the pics are absolutely crappy, sorry for that. Pics were taken in a hurry.
I'm just a guy who likes all kinds of RC vehicles
"Manowarrior"
targetingxmod - 8.12.17, 5:09 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
So a X-Ray you say...

Yep...

For me those front a-arms tells me that is a XB8. Pretty recent.
(but that seens a mix of join parts to make a 1/8 buggy)

Older ones are 808, and after that a XB9. Then came the XB8.

Maybe is that a model from 2014...the first XB8.

I own a 2015 XB8 2015, a 2013 XB9 and two 808, one from 2010 & other from 2009.

See mines to get ideias...

-My 808e 2010...those front arms are diferent...

-The left one is my XB9...And the center one is my 808e 2009

-And this is the XB8 2015 i have. That's the reason i say you got a XB8 cause of the front a-arms...

But yours seens a collection of parts...maybe upgrades...made to an older generation then 808... that i don't know about... anyway. I think yous a XB8..don't know the year...but it's a XB8 Xray! Now you only need to know the year...cause all are diferent!
Oh Lord, save me from those "internet warrior's" typing from mom's basement...
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 8.12.17, 6:22 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
targetingxmod said

-And this is the XB8 2015 i have. That's the reason i say you got a XB8 cause of the front a-arms...

But yours seens a collection of parts...maybe upgrades...made to an older generation then 808... that i don't know about... anyway. I think yous a XB8..don't know the year...but it's a XB8 Xray! Now you only need to know the year...cause all are diferent!
Hmm...are you running pivot balls on your XB8? mine has a pivot ball suspension.
Also what brushless conversion kit are you running? I'm torn apart between Kershaw and RC-monster. Both seems to be good quality products.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 8.12.17, 7:35 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
onedoesnotrc said
Hmm...are you running pivot balls on your XB8? mine has a pivot ball suspension.
Also what brushless conversion kit are you running? I'm torn apart between Kershaw and RC-monster. Both seems to be good quality products.
Kershaw hasn't been taking any orders for about a month. He went down with a medical emergency. Haven't heard any follow up yet.
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 8.12.17, 8:09 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
Kershaw hasn't been taking any orders for about a month. He went down with a medical emergency. Haven't heard any follow up yet.
i know, but probably he bought the conversion kit before the guy was down with the medical emergency.
"Arrive @Valhalla, Shiny&Chrome"
STSDriver - 8.12.17, 11:35 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Its a Mugen MBX5, not an Xray
Tekno NT48 | NB48 | SCT410.3 | EB48.4
Radiosistemi RR8-E | Mugen GT8 | GT8e
Team Durango
DNX408T | DEX210v3 | DEX410v5
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 8.13.17, 3:51 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
STSDriver said
Its a Mugen MBX5, not an Xray
You ARE right, the radio tray is from the MBX5, and so is the shock towers, braces...
I'm gonna have a hard time finding spares.
As far as brushless converting, rc monster has a universal motor mount that fits the mbx5, but can i use the batt.box from the mbx6 and use it for the mbx5?(i was talking about the rc monster battery tray)
(Last edited by onedoesnotrc : 8.13.17 at 6:35 am)