Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - Today, 5:38 pm Post #12031: | Reply With Quote
Quik89si said
Sounds like it should be a lot of fun to clean up! I figured it probably wouldn't work for long but was too lazy to clean out the old synthetic grease. What's the best way to do that - acetone?

The new 2.2 Trenchers that I had on back order for a month or so should be in shortly. I will be mounting them on a set of Revolvers. Currently researching best options to reduce ballooning. I think I will give the fishing line method a shot. These will be replacing the old Dirt Hawgs that are nearly bald in the rear. Not many options for all terrain 2.2 truck tires these days.
Duratrax Lockup ST 2.2. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...BoCvuAQAvD_BwE
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - Today, 6:11 pm Post #12032: | Reply With Quote
Drain as much of the grease/oil goop as possible, then wipe out the remainder with Q-Tips, then scrub everything with dish soap and a toothbrush. Acetone won't do anything to silicone -- the chemistry is too different.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - Today, 6:30 pm Post #12033: | Reply With Quote
It amazes me how consistently accurate my top-speed predictions are when I multiply the original speed of the vehicle by the square root of (new gearing / old gearing), instead of multiplying it by (new gearing / old gearing) directly.

It's interesting that so many calculations in physics can be boiled down to A = BC², or A = √(B/C).
(Last edited by fyrstormer : Today at 6:34 pm)
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - Today, 7:22 pm Post #12034: | Reply With Quote
Stop it you're making my brain hurt with all this math.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2