Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
smirk-racing - 8.10.17, 6:34 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hi all, came across this on the web and I am very intrigued:

http://triggerkingrc.com/absolute-chaos-rc-acrc/
https://youtu.be/5nFsj-dTFEg

The performance of these modded clods is just incredible. Anyone have experience with these vehicles or built one?

Thanks!
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 8.10.17, 10:12 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I don't, but I follow a bit of scale monster truck stuff on Facebook. Check out the shafty solid axle monsters page, racing and freestyle builds pop up on there occasionally
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Experienced User"
guys2nv - 8.10.17, 5:33 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Never built one myself but modded/ custom built clods were very popular in the 90's and expensive to build back then since there was not a lot of choices back then like we have now.

I've drooled over many custom built clods that were always shown in radio controlled car action and other magazines from back in the day before the internet was so widely used.
| Cen Colossus GST-E |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Shelfers - Lunchbox & Blackfoot |
| Futaba 4PLS |
"Vacattoning user"
SuburbnHooligan - 8.12.17, 3:26 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
iv drooled over clodbusters sense probably the early 90's. my knowledge today isn't as good as it was 20+ years ago, but i still drool over them. i used to fallow those things like crazy. i finally bought one a few years ago. mine is mildly modified, stock chassis, CPE 4 link bars, CPE chassis brace, custom made on axle servo mounts (front and rear), CPE steering linkages, CPE inner axle stiffeners, CPE lower shock mounts, custom made upper shock mounts, AE shocks (2 per wheel), full bearings, and a parma 67 ford body. i was going for a late 80's early 90's car crusher.
one of these days id like to build a more extreme clod, use like a CPE terminator chassis or something. maybe source an ESP clodzilla 4 off ebay. haven't really given it a whole lot of thought lately.
just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it wont be a good time.
i used to crash a lot. i still do, but i used to, too.
It's my duty as a human being to be pissed off.
"Experienced user"
reptileman - 8.12.17, 5:34 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I made a mod clod put loads of $ into it.. but sold it have way more fun with the stock chassis clods with 20 turn motors and little mods to them.
"Experienced user"
smirk-racing - 8.12.17, 6:21 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I am really interested in hearing why you like your mostly stock clod over your modded clod.

Can you share more?

Thanks!
"Experienced user"
reptileman - 8.12.17, 6:26 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
smirk-racing said
I am really interested in hearing why you like your mostly stock clod over your modded clod.

Can you share more?

Thanks!
Put a load of $ into it and it road smoother and handled better than a stock clod so you make them faster then they break all the time.
"Experienced user"
smirk-racing - 8.12.17, 7:12 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
What were the parts that broke most often?
"Experienced user"
reptileman - 8.12.17, 7:16 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
smirk-racing said
What were the parts that broke most often?
You bend axles rip off steering knuckles and stuff all the time also can rip up the gears.

The guy's at triggerking on youtube show videos and if I was you I would rather get a axial smt10 they show them in the racing form and what they do to them and they are saying they are good trucks probably a lot stronger than a clod type truck I would think.

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

(Last edited by reptileman : 8.12.17 at 7:26 pm)
"Experienced user"
smirk-racing - 8.13.17, 11:20 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Hm. I am looking at a lot of trigger king vids and they seem to race even more clods than axials. They are using a lot of power in both types of vehicles.

Lots to think about.