Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
perry - 8.12.17, 8:05 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
I run the 2250kv 4 pole. I *think* i'm running a 17t pinion, but I think you could run a 14t with the dewalt motor.
tamiyafier said
Whenever someone replies "k thks m8 lol" i die a little inside.

still runnin' cars like I clean my teeth: with brushes.

"makya" on most other forums
"Experienced user"
schwinngo - 8.16.17, 10:19 am Post #22: | Reply With Quote
Got the motor mount Dewalt doesn't come close to fitting. Gonna try a kd 3874 2700kv a 4065 2700kv and a 4074 2000kv if it can handle these motors on 3-4s I'll invest in a system for it.
2wd slash x2 1 road 1 mt, summit and ascender
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 8.16.17, 12:08 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
So how exactly is the transmission on the inside. Did you have to use epoxy. I hope it holds with 3s.
"Experienced user"
schwinngo - 8.16.17, 1:26 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
So far I've only screwed the clutch to the the gear and it's just on there with a grub screw. The transmission looks beefy inside the shafts are at least 2x thicker than in the summit transmission. 2nd gear is the only weak looking part as it's a hollow gear to accommodate the clutch but with screws and epoxy it should hold up. I'm still going to drill out the shaft were the grub screw sits and then epoxy it with a pin in it. The shaft is like a half an inch thick so I'm going to go up a size in drill bit and back to the drill press. cutting oil and patience this time. The hobbystar pinions I bought are in the trash the grub screws holes aren't drilled all the way in so screw wouldn't contact shaft and I broke a skorpion hardend 2mm hex tip trying to get it out. So I'm waiting some more anyway.
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 8.16.17, 1:58 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
Hope the metal is good metal. I know for the nitro savage. The output axle in the rear of the transmission that has the brake discs on there is pot metal. The dogbones would just cut into those really easily with the electric torque. Its the sudden max torque from the brushless motors that really messes up all the drivetrain. Thats why arrma kraton and others all have cvd axles. Your transmission might hold for a little bit but eventually it will start to wear. But my savage was fun. I was all happy to see it work after the conversion. And then i sold it all the metal started to get worn.
"Experienced user"
schwinngo - 8.16.17, 11:38 pm Post #26: | Reply With Quote
Good to know. it's my first vehicle with dog bones so new experience altogether. I think I'm going to have fun with it. Have found some madbeast enthusiasts threads and there's a few pple out there that love them. I'm actually pretty exited, with 4 kids eating all my $$$ I rarely get a new vehicle it's my 5th in 6 years and really enjoy working on them more than driving them I think. I'm kinda disappointed when I finish a battery and nothing's broken. Plus it will be my first "fastish" 4x4 rc (summit gets really expensive bashing). Not great with 4x4 and speed hard to get my finger to stay on the throttle lightly while turning in. Got to wait until Tuesday to order some more pinions. Hopefully will have out shaft drilled and be ready to go when they get here but work is getting ridiculously busy lately.
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 8.17.17, 8:50 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Dang 4! I just got another kid. 2. Now there is hardly anytime for these things
"Experienced user"
schwinngo - 8.17.17, 1:09 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
We're just getting to the age that the big ones can watch the little ones. its so nice
"Experienced user"
Overdriven - 8.17.17, 5:09 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Schwinngo, you might be surprised how strong JB Weld is. Like I said I used it on a couple LST's to convert to single speed for brushless conversions running 6s. I didn't use any screws, just removed the 2nd gear clutch (different design than yours) and filled the void with JB Weld. The LST have a spot on the shaft that's about 10mm diameter with 2 flat spots machined in it and that's what the JB Weld is contacting on the shaft. This is much less surface area for it to grip than your clutch and the inside of your gear isn't completely smooth either so it would have plenty to grip.

But I don't see what you see, only the crappy "drawings" instead of actual photos of the parts on the website. Are you trying to get the clutch secured to the shaft better? Just trying to save you from drilling and possibly breaking more drill bits as it could get more expensive than JB Weld! Lol
(Last edited by Overdriven : 8.17.17 at 5:11 pm)
Punch Control? I don't need no stinkin punch control!!! Former Maxx owner struggling against the addiction to build another and another and another...
Losi XXL complete homemade conversion MMM 1717 6s, Losi 8ight-t 2.0 Tekin powered
Traxxas Rally
Tamiya Hornet shelf queen
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 8.17.17, 7:01 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
Thats pretty good. Did you see the loctite experiment. They pulled 1 train cab. I think they only let it dry for an hour