Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Regular user"
wmharley - 4.18.14, 6:28 am Post #1641: | Reply With Quote
HVAC Guru said
Just guessing but that eeeee sound is probably your slipper, should maybe tighten it up a bit.
Its actually not. After checking it out and driving it a bit and watching a bunch of videos, the sound is basically the same as the brushless ones in the videos. It just sounds different than my old brushed motor.

The motor is very nice. I have just a 5000mah Nimh battery and I managed one wheelie (surprised me). The car though has too much body roll which i will need to get some new shock oil in there, or get the better shock/spring set. I'm going to post a basic review of it in the ESC/motor forum in the next few days.
"Experienced user"
HVAC Guru - 4.18.14, 6:31 am Post #1642: | Reply With Quote
Ah ok, the screem of a brushless motor.

Just making sure your not burning up your slipper.
Happy bashing!
"Regular user"
wmharley - 4.18.14, 8:06 am Post #1643: | Reply With Quote
HVAC Guru said
Ah ok, the screem of a brushless motor.

Just making sure your not burning up your slipper.
Happy bashing!
Yeah.. its higher pitch sound than the brushed, but the same sound as all the videos I've seen. So unless we all have messed up slippers...

the thing is running cool, even after 20-30 minutes full throttle up and down the street. The motor was between 90-95 the entire time.

The battery was the hottest at 115. The ESC was in the 80's but it does have the fan.
"Experienced user"
HVAC Guru - 4.18.14, 8:36 am Post #1644: | Reply With Quote
Wow, sweet temps!
"Experienced user"
LCpl Woody - 4.18.14, 8:39 am Post #1645: | Reply With Quote
Installed my 540 size 4000kv brushless, replaced one axle, ordered two more steel axles (HTF do you even break those???) reglued some tires, lowered the front of the body, hot glued and molded the beginning of a front spoiler, removed the back spoiler, rebuild the front shocks, installed slash hinge pins front and rear, annnnnnd zip tie modded the front arms to have limited movement and to lower the front of the chassis.
~Traxxas Summit~Traxxas MERV~ECX Boost~ECX Circuit~
~Losi Night Crawler/Comp Crawler Hybrid~Losi Micro SCT~
~Blade MQX~Hubsan X4~Aerosky H100~
~Blade MCPX BL~
PLAY HARD!
"Regular user"
wmharley - 4.18.14, 9:30 am Post #1646: | Reply With Quote
HVAC Guru said
Wow, sweet temps!
Being my first BL system, I wasn't sure what to expect. I would run it for 5 minutes or so, then check. then run it more, then check. I checked at various spots and it was the same.

So I know i can adjust the gearing, but for now, i'm ok with the stock numbers. I did install the metal tranny too when i put in the motor. I can't wait to take it to the local track...
"Regular user"
crazymike - 4.18.14, 10:42 am Post #1647: | Reply With Quote
Did the HPI front carrier block / hub conversion this morning, went together perfectly, and seems to be much tougher plastic.
Also got some AE turnbuckles for front toe & camber, will fit them tomorrow. And sprayed up my new Ruckus clear shell - PS5 tamiya black, got some Monster energy decals to go on too, and some 2.8 Badlands. Looking forward to a little more grip on the loose stuff, the SCT speedtreads give ok grip on pavement but suck on loose gravel over hard pack. Not sure the Torment body will see much more action now...
"Experienced user"
HVAC Guru - 4.18.14, 10:45 am Post #1648: | Reply With Quote
wmharley said
Being my first BL system, I wasn't sure what to expect. I would run it for 5 minutes or so, then check. then run it more, then check. I checked at various spots and it was the same.

So I know i can adjust the gearing, but for now, i'm ok with the stock numbers. I did install the metal tranny too when i put in the motor. I can't wait to take it to the local track...
The battery temp, was that the nimh you listed above?
"Regular user"
BasherDude - 4.18.14, 12:26 pm Post #1649: | Reply With Quote
Took pictures of it and looked at it. Rainy rainy rainy...
Owning: BL Circuit-HK X-60, GF 4000, 2s
E-Maxx-Stock, 4s
Owned: 1/16 Summit
"Regular user"
wmharley - 4.18.14, 10:11 pm Post #1650: | Reply With Quote
HVAC Guru said
The battery temp, was that the nimh you listed above?
Yes.