Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Welcome to you're "doom!""
Dave_S - 6.09.17, 5:21 pm Post #71: | Reply With Quote
Hostile slicks with zero growth inserts. (It runs great with this setup) 907 grams per wheel

Standard inserts with uber rd belted tires 651 grams per wheel
I don't post much, but when i do i prefer Dos Eques.
Dave_S - 6.10.17, 7:41 pm Post #72: | Reply With Quote
My new belted tires did this after a few minutes. I'm not the most impressed with them, lol.

Dave_S - 6.24.17, 12:52 pm Post #73: | Reply With Quote
RC skin shock covers. I like them.

"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 6.27.17, 8:04 am Post #74: | Reply With Quote
Made with 100% real skin?
Youtube: MegaSneetch - RC videos whenever I can make them!
Dave_S - 6.27.17, 10:44 am Post #75: | Reply With Quote
Sneetches said
Made with 100% real skin?
200%. They are nice compared to the outerwears. For harsh environments I'd still use outerwears, but for street and grass I like the idea of the rc skin covers so far.
Dave_S - 7.01.17, 7:47 pm Post #76: | Reply With Quote
After reading about temperature concerns I'd figured I'd show mods i believe effect my temperature. I still have 22/55 gearing, my flywheel has fins cut down for weight reduction. I also have the v2 reed block that has the insulator to help with heat transfer to the carburetor. I also have turtle racing v2 pull start with outerwears cover for the turtle racing pull start. I also have the outerwears motor cover installed. In my truck without the outerwears cover grass would build up and engine would get hot. I don't think that should be an issue with the tighter fitting buggy body, but I left cover on anyways.

Lightened vs stock flywheel
(Last edited by Dave_S : 7.02.17 at 1:09 am)
Dave_S - 7.08.17, 6:58 pm Post #77: | Reply With Quote
Bushings wore out on my turtle racing pull start. New they come with bronze looking bushings. They also make a version with bearings.

The bearing version I installed is on the left.

Dave_S - 7.09.17, 6:20 pm Post #78: | Reply With Quote
Ran on pavement pretty hard today. I wanted to monitor temps. Both with the body on and with it off I was getting a touch over 400 F. With the body on temperatures got up to that temperature quicker than with it off.

I didn't run it very long, but I was very heavy on throttle and steering. I marked off a little road course to simulate that style of running. I'm currently still running the hostile slicks with zero growth inserts.

I was trying to really stress the steering servo. I crashed and broke, but at that time my servo was like 125 F measured at the case

Picture of cutouts on my body
"It's only an opinion..."
Ocdcbr - 7.11.17, 10:02 am Post #79: | Reply With Quote
Tbh I have no idea what these motors like to run at temps wise. Is 400f high ?? Where were you taking the reading from?

From what I'm hearing its getting the heat out of the shell and away thats the main problem.
RC FAN!
MUGEN MBX6 x 2nitro,1 Eco racers, Hpi Baja
TRAXXAS XMAXX!!yup....its good!

Check my Utube!!:Rc Maxx UK
Dave_S - 7.12.17, 1:01 am Post #80: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info, I think up to 450 is okay for decent amounts of time. When I called Horizon they told me to basically cut out the whole front windshield. I also removed extra body material around tuned pipe, and around carb needles so I had room to comfortably adjust them. I'm not sure if that helps with temps though.

My telemetry temp sensor is on the front of the cylinder head tucked in right next to the cylinder wall. I also checked temperatures around exhaust port and other parts of the cylinder head with a infrared temperature gauge.

I thought this was good into about air cooled two stroke cylinder head temperatures.
http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/headtemp.html

In the the picture you can can an idea of where my temperature sensor is. It's the two wires going into head near a small dollop of rtv. I also reinstalled head gasket, I didn't have enough squish clearance on the reed motor with gasket removed