Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 2.10.17, 9:32 pm Post #1411: | Reply With Quote
I just heard you can walk over clover and that's better than the pig sty you can see there so its a temp thing. We are just breeding mosquitos now and grass is also expensive. I figure good money would go towards xeriscaping at least maybe rocks/ gravel included for a large part.
"I really don't pay attention to what anyone else says and don't care lol. I do what I like and it keeps me happy. " - Theibault
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 2.11.17, 2:02 am Post #1412: | Reply With Quote
Huh. That's the first time I heard the word "xeriscaping". Not a bad idea, but a bag of grass seed doesn't cost that much. The goal is not to have a beautiful lawn, the goal is to keep the topsoil from washing away.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 2.11.17, 11:14 am Post #1413: | Reply With Quote
I think you mentioned before how a brushed motor works well in these and you are right. The 3s on my rally really is too much.

I figured Id have to have a place lay grass down for me, looking at planting it myself- is still not easy (have to put a layer of topsoil down) but I may not have any other options left really.

The front wheels look overly splayed to me maybe the big tires?
"I really don't pay attention to what anyone else says and don't care lol. I do what I like and it keeps me happy. " - Theibault
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 2.11.17, 5:09 pm Post #1414: | Reply With Quote
You could get some adjustable camber links if it bothers you, but keep in mind the outside edges of the front tires get scrubbed a lot harder in corners than the outside edges of the rear tires, so a significant amount of negative camber on the front actually improves tire wear.

Planting grass is easy. Scatter the seeds on the ground and cover with hay. The hay will hide the seeds from birds while they work on sprouting. After that, you can tend your lawn like you love it or not; grass doesn't really care, it will grow almost anywhere.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.11.17, 8:49 pm Post #1415: | Reply With Quote
My old, very beat up class1 gets a breath of life in superb's lcg with the Trophy truck front end and temporary electronics from a Hobbyking buggy. An unbelievable 24mph! Jealous?

(Last edited by riderinblack : 2.11.17 at 8:56 pm)
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
schwinngo - 4.28.17, 2:03 pm Post #1416: | Reply With Quote

(Last edited by schwinngo : 4.29.17 at 2:21 pm)
"Experienced user"
"Experienced user"
Lonnz - 6.08.17, 12:06 am Post #1418: | Reply With Quote
My pride and joy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170607_151507.jpg (339.8 KB, 24 views)
J.E.T.S
"Experienced user"
BigBlokBoi - 6.11.17, 7:48 am Post #1419: | Reply With Quote
2wd 3660mm motor 32p gears tough as they come
Team DPC!
"Experienced user"
St. George - 6.30.17, 7:50 am Post #1420: | Reply With Quote
An older picture of my Slash:

IMG_0377 by Roderick Blaine, on Flickr