Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"New user"
Zerthar - 3.06.17, 10:06 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hello community

Im new to the RC hobby and bought a Slash 2wd because most reviews mentioned it was sturdy and easy to work on. Because the terrain where Im living is mostly grass and gravel (no sand dunes or bike tracks), I thought the Slash would be more fun for bashing with bigger tires.
I read multiple threads in various forums and watched videos about the monster truck conversion but the tire off-set thing left me a bit confused. I know my Slash has a different off-set front and rear.
Im planning on using the Proline Trenchers (or Louise Pioneer if I can source them) 1:10 2.8 truck tires:
Rear: Proline Trenchers 1170-15
Front: Proline Trenchers 1170-14 or Badlads 10125-14 (the Badlands are a few mm taller..not my favorite).

In a Youtube video a guy (The RC Element) mentioned that the tires rub on the front A-arms when steering. He mentioned that he specifically got the front and rear versions of these tires for the 2wd Slash. In the comments below, someone mentioned he put them on the wrong way but the topic was not resolved so I don`t know whether this was true. In another forum someone wrote that one needs to install all rear tires, even on the front. And I believe I also read the opposite somewhere else.

I did not want to use the Proline Protrac Suspension Kit because in the longrun Id like to use RPM A-arms. I know RPM has A-arms with "offset compensation". Would this solve the problem? If I bought such A-arms, could I use the off-set tires of 4x4 vehicles?

OR: Is it ok if I buy the Front and Rear versions of the Trenchers as mentioned above? Would it not longer rub on the A-arms?

I know that I need to raise the body and change the gearing on my Vilenion system. So that should not be the topic here.

Thank you for your comments.