Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 4.04.17, 2:20 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Ha, glad to see you getting back into the Slash; I still remember when you were eat/sleep/breathing that truck's build those years back and SuperB's chassis came out fantastic after all that work.

My custom truck went straight into a wall by a buddy and I just don't have the will to get it back up and running haha.

Hope to see you bring the BAJR back to life!
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 4.04.17, 7:19 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
GUTSLAYER said
Ha, glad to see you getting back into the Slash; I still remember when you were eat/sleep/breathing that truck's build those years back and SuperB's chassis came out fantastic after all that work.

My custom truck went straight into a wall by a buddy and I just don't have the will to get it back up and running haha.

Hope to see you bring the BAJR back to life!
Ahh yes, I miss those days sometimes. But then I remember all the great advancements in the hobby we have now that simply weren't available back then and it snaps me back.

The suspension, the tranny and of course the chassis I think are great examples of doing it right the first time. I lost count how many packs this buggy has been through (couple hundreds probably) . I can almost sense everyones scowl because, yup the integy piggybacks have been along for the whole ride, and nothing has broken. Everything still works (much to my surprise) just fine. Great little car I just couldn't let it die.

Upgrades will come slowly but surely, at this point not sure what to purchase first. Also on the list of upgrades (and it pains me greatly to say this) a new body..... Hmm mm but which one.
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 4.04.17, 8:45 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
What a difference a simple mod makes, now you can see just how useless the unmoded one is.

Same led only difference is one has a reflector
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
scary97gt - 4.05.17, 2:40 am Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Wow what a difference. I bet it will throw the light considerably further. What did you use for a reflector?
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 4.05.17, 12:45 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
Aluminum tape, paint would have been much much better but a good chrome paint is expensive and applying it to only the inside is a lengthy process with taping and what not. This took 5 minutes and was free.
"Experienced user"
scary97gt - 4.06.17, 2:28 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Painting those little buckets would have been a tedious. On the other hand though, I bet smoothing that tape in there was kind of a pain too.
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 4.06.17, 10:32 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
It was never going to be pretty so I didn't bother trying, I'll snap a pic in a bit.

WARNING REFLECTOR GORE AHEAD!

Ugly? yes, Works? yes, Problem? nope
(Last edited by riderinblack : 4.06.17 at 10:41 am)
"New user"
noah.rc12345 - 4.09.17, 7:21 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
i was considering buying a 2wd slash myself but i may build 1 now.
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 4.21.17, 11:34 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Time for some senior citizen power! SC8 on its last leg and a hobbywing 2700kv 4065 with heat anodized connectors (not intentionally) , new bearings but home made internal spacers. Both are 8 years old.
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 4.22.17, 8:24 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
4x4 needs a new skid plate, easy enough 10 minutes....

2wd needs motor install, spur changed from 48p to 32p. Gotta find a good place for the esc and its switch, also the esc has no motor leads big bummer. Castor install and steering crank install (I'm guessing it's going to be a pain) and the rear shocks need to go back to 2 hole pistons. Currently running 60wt 3 hole and it looks like a bouncy castle back there.