Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 3.05.16, 4:57 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
The build is looking fantastic Sneetches!
RC addict and loving it
somewhere near Grass Valley, CA --- let's bash
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.05.16, 5:01 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Thanks. I have some panels for the body picked out and it will look much better once I get those on and mock the body up again. I'm waiting on my Avid bearings so I'm leaving the truck disassembled right now.

I still have to figure out what to do for a rear bumper. The Yeti body is pretty wide in the rear and the Stampede 4x4 wheelie bar looks weird on the truck. I also think the RPM slash 4x4 bumper might stick out too far. That'll probably be the second biggest thing to figure out...
Youtube: MegaSneetch - RC videos whenever I can make them!
"Experienced user"
manydubs - 3.07.16, 1:21 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
The Axial Twin Hammers cage fits perfectly. Did it to my slash a couple years ago...
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.07.16, 1:51 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Axial Twin Hammers cage
One of these things is not like the other

Either way, I got my VG Racing LCG brace in. Nice part, well made. Unfortunately I crushed one of the steering rack bearings by accident so now I have to wait for those to come on. I was hoping to have the truck ready by this weekend...
"I have the BEST words!"
lsear2905 - 3.07.16, 4:32 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
manydubs said
The Axial Twin Hammers cage fits perfectly. Did it to my slash a couple years ago...
Pictures please?
from Melbourne, Australia (where Winter is Summer, and we use the metric system)

Bored? Check out and follow my Instagram feed @mycousinscrogg
Really bored? lsear2905's Garage in the General RC section
Want even more? Check out my flickr page at flickr.com/lsear
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.07.16, 5:03 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
lsear2905 said
Pictures please?
I agree with this as well, more tuber slash pictures.

If you guys are wondering, this video has my buddy's Slash 4x4 doing the same things I plan on doing with mine. You'll see the LCG actually works well enough off-road and since I plan on running bigger tires I'll have even better clearance:

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

You can see in the video why I need to make the body mount very strong for repeated abuse. Hopefully it works, since there's only one way to find out.
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 3.08.16, 12:39 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
manydubs said
In case some of you don't know, the Twin Hammers is actually produced by Vaterra, not Axial:

http://www.vaterrarc.com/Products/De...rodID=VTR03000
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.10.16, 6:46 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
Finally got the rest of the parts for near-completion in so I went ahead and did a 2nd mock up last night.

I went with internal panels to keep the tube work shown. I also like the aluminum because I think it should help brace the cage better, and removing stickers shouldn't be an issue.

500K front / rear in the diffs. Avid bearings all throughout.

---

The last big hurdle seems to be the rear bumper situation. I have a large 1/8" thick sheet of delrin coming in and will attempt to fabricate my own, as nothing I've seen so far has satisfied my requirements for the rear. I need a rear bumper (that isn't full length for clearance) that protects the overhanging cage, otherwise there will be undue stress on the cage mount if that rear end snags during crashes.
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 3.10.16, 8:05 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Looks great so far!
I've wanted to do the Yeti cage on my Slash for a long time, but there are other things I need to do before I get to the cage.
Keep us posted!
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)
"jerk."
nino - 3.10.16, 11:47 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
Awesome rig! Just the way I like it: tires big enough to go over stuff, LCG chassis and a body that looks like it means business
In order of appearance:
ECX Torment 2WD BL | Tamiya Stadium Blitzer | H.King Rattler | Basher Bad Bug | Basher Hellseeker | Axial Wraith Spawn