Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.22.16, 11:56 am Post #41: | Reply With Quote
Well I was running last night and broke the rear bulkhead's hinge pin holder, so now I have a slight dilemma. I ordered the part but everything was either Monday or Saturday delivery, so if it doesn't come in this weekend I may have to switch to the HCG just to get some run time in.
Youtube: MegaSneetch - RC videos whenever I can make them!
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.26.16, 2:06 pm Post #42: | Reply With Quote
Hey everyone, no I didn't forget this but the weather has been crap the past week so not much driving...finally back into 60F now but I got my Shortcourse wheels and tires on and installed the Puretech straps.

The wheels are Pro-Line Split Six wheels, 2721-02. The tires are 2.2 Axial Maxxis Trepadors (S30 compound). These are tires that aren't so good for the Wraith and so I went ahead and used a really aggressive cut for the rears and more moderate for the front. They're a bit harder than Axial's R35 compound so they should also hold up better while still being useful for trailing. I went ahead and taped the insides as well because no doubt these weren't intended for 25+ mph use. So far I'm happy to say on 3S at 15/54, ballooning is tamed.

I went ahead and filled the rear diff with 2.5 mill oil. This is about as close as you can get before going straight putty, and so far it creates a much more locked feeling than 500k does, but can still slip if I really jam the rear into something.

The truck is still running 40 wt oil front / rear shocks and stock white springs, I figured this would be a good baseline for suspension. With the taller tires, the truck has a lot more body roll but actually can still be driven on-road without much issue. With the 5.5" tires, I also have a 90 approach angle which is pretty slick.

Overall, this setup will need more testing than a single 3S pack but so far so good.

"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 3.27.16, 6:48 am Post #43: | Reply With Quote
Looking good.
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.27.16, 10:01 am Post #44: | Reply With Quote
Thanks, now I just have to figure out what sensored system I want for trail use. The truck really isn't going to see water/mud outside of morning dew. I just need a system much smoother than I can use on 3S and will at least give me a low end without cogging. Considering my options right now, since there are a lot of them at the moment.
"Experienced user"
pastimesteve - 3.27.16, 9:11 pm Post #45: | Reply With Quote
Looks fantastic! Nice job. The tire/wheel combo looks great.

Steve
"Experienced user"
rcus3r - 3.28.16, 8:41 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
WOW. That looks great!

I want a cage! Time to dust this thing off and try it, I guess.

(Last edited by rcus3r : 3.28.16 at 8:55 am)
"Beat It Like It Owes You Money"
jumpit - 3.28.16, 9:18 am Post #47: | Reply With Quote
Sneetches said

I like the look of those tires they look really aggressive, and that is some serious tread removed on the rear tires, looking forward to some vid of this in action.

2.5 mill diff oil huh I got to look into that stuff, I have some 1 mill cst diff oil but it feels about the same as my 500 k diff oil so it will be niice to hesr your thoughts on the 2.5 stuff.
Jump_it
Check out my youtube channel ------>>>jammer2150 <<<-----
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.28.16, 11:50 am Post #48: | Reply With Quote
Thanks guys.

2.5 mill diff oil huh I got to look into that stuff, I have some 1 mill cst diff oil but it feels about the same as my 500 k diff oil so it will be niice to hesr your thoughts on the 2.5 stuff.
It's from Gravity RC. So far it's definitely thicker than 500k but the only problem I noticed last time was that I filled the diff cup and it only half full after about 6-7 runs when I opened it again.
"Experienced user"
twisted - 3.28.16, 12:18 pm Post #49: | Reply With Quote
looking good. i will be starting mine soon.
"jerk."
nino - 3.28.16, 4:59 pm Post #50: | Reply With Quote
Awesome! Nice photo work, too!
In order of appearance:
ECX Torment 2WD BL | Tamiya Stadium Blitzer | H.King Rattler | Basher Bad Bug | Basher Hellseeker | Axial Wraith Spawn