Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.25.17, 10:53 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hey guy's i am trying to find a set of rear on road tires for a 2wd slash. I would like them to be a complete set that is glued to the wheels. I just need a rear set an maybe if you can insert a link to a buy it now deal on ebay from a USA seller or just tell me what is the option or option's i have in the 20.00 shipped range?

I would love to get the road rages or Duratrax one's but i am sure someone must know of some good/new on road tires that will mount with no mod's etc ..

As far as only needing/wanting just the rears is do to the fact i have done this a few times with my 2wd nitro's in the past. I had a 2wd nitro slash an put trenchers in the rear an it took the truck from not being able to go past half throttle to amazing speed from the dig an great handling so i assume on road tires in the rear an some all around tires up front. I know 2wd buggy's come set up like that. Thank you guy;s
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.25.17, 11:05 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I did find these but i see only a few people using them an from what i could find most people tend to like them I see them going for 22.00-23.00 shipped. I see there for the 4x4 slash but thye can be used for the rears on the 2wd slash.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamite-Mou...3D381040159793
"Regular user"
SlashMaxx4x4 - 1.25.17, 11:37 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Those ^ are just a knock off of Proline Street fighters.

I run the street fighters and love em.
"Gone Racing"
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 1.25.17, 11:44 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Street fighters are amazing tire for a slash, though i would buy all 4, not 2
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.25.17, 12:24 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
SlashMaxx4x4 said
Those ^ are just a knock off of Proline Street fighters.

I run the street fighters and love em.
Oh ok ty for the info , i just wanna find a deal on some on road tires.

If its not to much could you post a pic or 2 of the street fighters. I do want them but there a little to much money for me. I wanna try to do some different things with a 2wd slash that maybe has not been done. Might be a little hard but i have some cool body color ideas an a few tricks to get a lower stance. I wanna try to keep the sc look by keeping the hcg stock chassis but still make it usable on road. The one's i linked i do not like the silver/red wheels . I do have some paint makers that i could use to follow the body color theme.
(Last edited by 1mtx1 : 1.25.17 at 12:30 pm)
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.25.17, 12:27 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
JesterTheJoker said
Street fighters are amazing tire for a slash, though i would buy all 4, not 2
I do not have the money to do that, i have had good luck with just doing the rears on my 2wd nitros in the past. I would get a nice all around cheaper set for the front instead of the slash stocker's. By far one of the worst tires i have ever used. I do love there look and feel but back on topic i just need a nice budget set. I would buy a lightly used set but that could take some time to come up for sale. I am leaning towards the one i linked.
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 1.25.17, 12:44 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
1mtx1 said
I do not have the money to do that, i have had good luck with just doing the rears on my 2wd nitros in the past. I would get a nice all around cheaper set for the front instead of the slash stocker's. By far one of the worst tires i have ever used. I do love there look and feel but back on topic i just need a nice budget set. I would buy a lightly used set but that could take some time to come up for sale. I am leaning towards the one i linked.
street fighters would be an amazing choice for rears only, but if you like the look of the stock tires may i reccomend the stock tired off the slash 4x4 ultimate edition? They are a far softer compound of the same tire, and grip up pretty good on anything. They are also the stock rear nitro slash tires, if memory serves me right
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.25.17, 1:22 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
JesterTheJoker said
street fighters would be an amazing choice for rears only, but if you like the look of the stock tires may i reccomend the stock tired off the slash 4x4 ultimate edition? They are a far softer compound of the same tire, and grip up pretty good on anything. They are also the stock rear nitro slash tires, if memory serves me right
If they are the nitro rears i hated them lol, i bought trenchers an it made the slash usable at all speeds etc. As far as looks go i do not like the slash wheels tbh. I just thought that was the only thing going for the stock wheel/tires the slash comes with. I hated there tires an i assume most people do. I really just want a good deal from a USA based website/seller. I see some 8th scale deals but a lot of them are from China etc. I do not want to go with the 17mm hexs. I really wanna build up this 2wd slash pretty cheap lol. I am going to lower the ride by using fuel tubing in the shocks. It really works i figure i gotta change the shock oil any ways. 40 front an 30-35 rear, if you know of any on road tires i can use for the rear 2wd slash id love to know . Thank you bud
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 1.25.17, 2:06 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Unless you have a high power system in 3s or higher there is no need for the PL Street fighters, the ones you linked will more than suffice on 2s, that's what I run up to 3s and they stick plenty for me. The SC rodeoo are good all round tires as well and can be found fairly cheap.
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"RC Nut"
edgeverse - 1.25.17, 2:32 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Either PL Street Fighters or Dynamite Robbers will do the job, my wife has SF's and I run robbers, both grip amazingly well.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."