Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 3.22.17, 12:35 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
How about stock Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum/Ultimate GTR shocks? I had them with VG Racing springs and Revo Variable Damping Kit (all 4 holes drilled out to 1/16" and valve on top).

Worked great, but I love tinkering and got the itch to go 1/8 scale shocks.

I got the HPI Vorza shocks (4 rear shocks).

Worked good, but needed longer rear rod ends. Picked up some shock tower adapters and now all is great!

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6308516
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)
"Vacationing user"
agusorgen - 3.22.17, 12:48 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
i-i-i-i
I Like a lot the look of that RC, s-s-s-s-sir.
D-does it drive well?
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.22.17, 1:25 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
MasteroFlego said
why don't you want power strokes?
Just want to try something new, also intertaining the idea of a 110mm external bypass shock

@ squeege haven't thought about 8th scale shocks or the gtrs. What ever shock I end up with it Def have to be 100+mm. Also, I have to ask what does the nos can do?
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 3.23.17, 9:27 am Post #54: | Reply With Quote
agusorgen said
i-i-i-i
I Like a lot the look of that RC, s-s-s-s-sir.
D-does it drive well?
Drives great. The red springs might be a bit stiff, but I think I'll leave them in for now. Hopefully they will settle down. If not, I can always go back to the orange springs.

riderinblack said
@ squeege haven't thought about 8th scale shocks or the gtrs. What ever shock I end up with it Def have to be 100+mm. Also, I have to ask what does the nos can do?
The NOS can was just a prop for fun. I do not drink the stuff.
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.23.17, 7:49 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
BTW guys this little switch is awesome and much cheaper than the Turdnegy 3rd channel switches. Simple on off nothing fancy. I use it to turn my lights on and off and soon to trigger a siren.

"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.25.17, 8:30 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
Like they were made to fit there. Not sure what I want to do with these vents yet, played with the idea of having one ram cold air past the Esc but not sure how I'm going to accomplish that. For now they are adding structural support for the side scoops.

Erevo battery compartment vents part number 5628
(Last edited by riderinblack : 3.26.17 at 12:17 am)
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.26.17, 6:55 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote
What servo horn you guys running need a replacement asap
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.29.17, 11:18 am Post #58: | Reply With Quote
Recently picked these up for next to nothing, not sure what they go to or what I'm going to do with them.

One thing I noticed right away is they kind of suck. Great scale look but the interior is black and does not reflect light at all. What ever I decide to do with them that problem will definitely need to be fixed. Maybe I can paint the inside with a shinny silver. Anyone have a bright idea?
"Vacationing user"
agusorgen - 3.29.17, 12:57 pm Post #59: | Reply With Quote
What about using them on the very front? They are a bit exposed so it would need a bit extra glue.
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.29.17, 1:10 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
Not sure where I would mount them on the dakar where they wouldn't get sheered off but on the class1 I think they would work great. That is after I fix the inside reflector problem.

I feel like aluminum would be the best option and the most reflective but I wouldn't know where to start in coating the inside with it.
(Last edited by riderinblack : 3.29.17 at 1:13 pm)