Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"New user"
BostonSlash - 3.18.17, 2:57 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Whats up people. I purchased my 1st hobby grade rc, It's the slash 2wd. I got it for myself for Christmas. I went with the low end version so that I can create something instead of going with the high end versions. I had in it the mamba max pro sct combo with the 2400kv motor. Unfortunately the esc got wet and died (rest in peace). I have the HW xerun 120a sct pro esc and was wondering if I can run that esc with the 2400kv motor. My battery is a 3s 20c 4000mah lipo. My gearing is 36 pitch 20t pinion and 53t spur. I'm open to ALL suggestions. The RC hobby is a real expensive drug. I'm hooked. I paid $229 for the slash. Already I have invested more than triple what I paid for the truck and loving every missing penny of it. I can't sleep. Constantly thinking of better upgrades.
"Experienced user"
jbarelds - 4.30.17, 11:54 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I don't really understand the question, what's your concern? The Xerun SCT Pro will work just fine with the Castle 1415...
"Experienced user"
thorwil - 5.01.17, 2:08 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Yes indeed. For a more general answer: one has to look for the ESC's motor limits in the specification, maximum KV per voltage range.

In this case, from
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...t-pro-esc-blue

With 6 cells NiMH/NiCd or 2S Lipo: KV≤6000
With 7-9 cells NiMH/NiCd or 3S Lipo: KV≤4000
With 10-12 cells NiMH/NiCd or 4S Lipo: KV≤3000
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 5.01.17, 4:09 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
jbarelds said
I don't really understand the question, what's your concern? The Xerun SCT Pro will work just fine with the Castle 1415...
It's actually a question I've heard in person quite a bit. With most companies selling motor/esc combos. The mixing of motor and esc isn't common. Even to some of us, including myself that have been in hobby for awhile. Pretty sure only one of the 100 vehicles I've owned runs different esc from motor.