Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
vintage - 4.06.17, 5:24 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
scary97gt said
I'm not sure of an exact number because I don't have radar gun to test how fast the truck actually goes now. I do know that my current temps on a 90f day after a 25 minute run are around 155-165 on the motor and 140-150 on the ESC that's just an average range, it all depends on how I run the truck obviously. I have hit 170 on the motor a couple times and I'm not at all comfortable with that number. It also feels like the truck needs just a bit more but if I gear it up any higher it'll really get hot. I'm running stock 13/54 gearing by the way.
I probably wouldn't be comfortable with 170 either, but I think castle just says to keep it under 185 on their website.
"Experienced user"
scary97gt - 4.07.17, 2:07 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Well I blew my neck out again so due to my inability to grip anything with my right hand, this little project will have to wait a bit. I did however get the motor put in the night before last so hopefully this weekend I can get out and test it a bit. I know as soon as I pull the trigger the rear driveshafts will explode so I'll have to be careful until I get some Teknos.
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 4.07.17, 11:34 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
...or MIP X-Duty CVDs.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)
"Experienced user"
scary97gt - 4.07.17, 1:38 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
I've actually had really good performance out if the Teknos on my 2wd Slash plus they are a bit cheaper than MIP. The only disadvantage of Tekno is that they require the use of their rear hubs.
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 4.07.17, 2:34 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
scary97gt said
I've actually had really good performance out if the Teknos on my 2wd Slash plus they are a bit cheaper than MIP. The only disadvantage of Tekno is that they require the use of their rear hubs.
i thought i remembered Traxxas X0-1 hubs working as well
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Experienced user"
scary97gt - 4.08.17, 3:27 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
You may be right, I think they do have the larger inner bearing similar to the tecknos. I'll have to look into it.
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 4.08.17, 4:56 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
scary97gt said
You may be right, I think they do have the larger inner bearing similar to the tecknos. I'll have to look into it.
Tekno also sells aluminum hubs, so it wouldnt suck to keep it in the family either.
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Experienced user"
scary97gt - 4.09.17, 2:39 am Post #18: | Reply With Quote
So a little update, got the motor installed yesterday with 17/54 gearing (smallest pinion I have laying around) went out for some tests and temps and literally two seconds in bye bye right rear hub carrier. So I have no idea what the temps would have gotten to or what the top speed may have been like but the torque is incredible. Definitely more that the 3800kv on 2s. So now I have to wait for new hubs because I'm fresh out of spares, I've only broken one other on this truck in the 7 years I've had it so I may just go back with stock or get the Tekno shafts because the plastic hub carrier's that come with them are a bit tougher than stock.
"Experienced user"
scary97gt - 4.09.17, 3:14 am Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Ok time to baffle you guys... I have a like new set of cvd's laying around that look just like the Tekno m6 with hubs that also look like the Teknos (only difference is the hubs have 2 holes for the hinge pin to mount) do any of you know the length of the cvd from Tekno? I got these used and they are too long for Slash rear 2wd and 4x4 but they fit on a 2wd with Proline Pro Trac arms.
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 4.09.17, 6:55 am Post #20: | Reply With Quote
The ones you got are for an associated of some sorts, i dont remember which ones but if you go on the Tekno site they give a P/N for pro-trac users.

What you have: TKR2210
What you need: TKR6850