Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 6.11.17, 7:57 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Can confirm it is freaking huge, haha
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"carpet killer"
rag6 - 6.17.17, 11:38 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
Since ya have not picked up rock sliders, check out CODYBOY RISERSLIDERS

These combine sliders and link risers in one.

You can get them for blazer bronco or k10, and he custom makes them to your specs too.

Awesome guy to deal with, just send him a pm over on rcc(ascender section, and it's at your door in a couple of days. He also has some amazing axle mods that will add a bunch of non rotating weight to the axle line.

BTW the trx4 fender flares fit nicely 8)
HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!!!
"I do what I want"
HVAC Guru - 6.18.17, 7:19 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the information. I sent him a pm.
I was thinking of ordering the aluminum battery tray mounts, but I think I would rather go with your suggestion. Two birds with one stone.
"carpet killer"
rag6 - 6.19.17, 4:03 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
Forgot to mention... stock battery tray mounts were cut down, swapped sides and repositioned to use stock tray. Many eliminate the trayand mount the pack differently, but it makes the ascender unique, and I wanted to keep it. Pic 2 shows them.
"I do what I want"
HVAC Guru - 6.19.17, 5:57 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
rag6 said
Forgot to mention... stock battery tray mounts were cut down, swapped sides and repositioned to use stock tray. Many eliminate the trayand mount the pack differently, but it makes the ascender unique, and I wanted to keep it. Pic 2 shows them.
Your pics dont seem to be working, I can't see them anyway.
I would like to keep the tray too
"carpet killer"
rag6 - 6.20.17, 11:49 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
Weird... my pics have been disappearing and reappearing on other forums too. They show up using my tablet, and don't show on my phone
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 6.20.17, 12:11 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
HVAC good job an the chrome bumper... I always forget to paint the bumper...
"I really don't pay attention to what anyone else says and don't care lol. I do what I like and it keeps me happy. " - Theibault
"I do what I want"
HVAC Guru - 6.20.17, 12:47 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
@rag6: They show as broken links on my phone.

@Habanero: Thanks! Those SSD bumpers are sick, easily my favorite thing about my Ascender so far.

Quick build update:
I ordered the custom sliders from Codyboy Designs (Ernie), I look forward to getting those on and ditching the plastic ones. I'm also tossing around the idea of a partial interior. One of the bodies I have laying around could donate it's interior. I just need to find some time to sit at the bench and see if I can make it work.

I'm itching to get this thing out on the trails but things just haven't worked out. It's always something, weather, work, or other life commitments. Hopefully soon! Once June is over I should have more free time.
"carpet killer"
rag6 - 6.20.17, 1:56 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Glad you hooked up with Ernie. He's da man for custom parts 8)

This truck is pretty good as an rtr, and really good after a few tweaks. I've had mine about 2 years, and only broke the pstock plastic servo arm. Still have the old light duty shafts and ring n pinions in it on 3s with no issues.truck is a tank. Def make the time to get it rocking asap

Gonna try 1 more time with the pics:

Hope these work
(Last edited by rag6 : 6.20.17 at 2:06 pm)