Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Cirasa - 1.23.16, 9:32 am Post #61: | Reply With Quote
Gimpdiggity nice build! I'm eyeing the AMP kit but looks like it's not going to come out until mid-March. I may start shopping for parts now, I have the exact same Castle system that I bought a while back but never used it, I'll have to decide if I want to drop that in or go with a cheaper system.

If you don't mind can you measure the lengths of the turnbuckles (front and rear) and the eye-to-eye length of the shocks (front and rear)?

Thanks!
"On my 3rd Relapse in RC"
Debonair - 2.07.17, 12:34 pm Post #62: | Reply With Quote
Thank you for this thread Gimpdiggity. I know its old now but I plan on adding one of these to my stable and appreciate the in-depth look at it. The links jumped out at me right away as well as a place to improve the look and performance of it.

I looked at the Circuit after reading that it is the same but with my plans to swap out the receiver / ESC anyway I see no other differences. This is a better bargain.
98 Tamiya Hummer / 99 HPI RS4 Rally / 11 Stampede 4X4 VXL #1 / 12 Stampede 4X4 VXL #2 / 12 ECX Ruckus (sold) / 12 Mad Torque 1/8 (1/6 New Bright H3 Bodied) / 13 SCX10 Rubicon / 13 SCX10 Dingo / 13 SCX10 Honcho / 14 Stampede 4x4 #3 CCSW / 14 Exceed Mad Drift (Rally Conversion)
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 2.07.17, 5:01 pm Post #63: | Reply With Quote
If you plan on swapping out all the electronics anyway then yeah this is for sure the better deal.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Regular user"
RPTacoma - 2.08.17, 4:18 pm Post #64: | Reply With Quote
I just bought one of these for a first hobby grade project for the kids and I. Mostly I to be honest. Where can I find more info on dyeing the nylon parts. I really like the way it came out
"New user"
Host1l3 - 4.05.17, 8:15 am Post #65: | Reply With Quote
I bought the Amp DB, Feb. 25, 2017, as my first ever RC and I couldn't be happier with how inexpensive it is. I have however replaced the arms with RPM arms, put on stiffer springs, changed to a 15 turn dynamite, replaced the rear axles and shafts with Hot Racing ones, and replaced all the plastic gears with metal ones. The biggest issues I have had with this is the front suspension mount where the front arms are held in. It's a thin, stamped together piece of plastic with a seam that the hinge pins have torn through 5 times now.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you remedy it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170405_111345.jpg (149.1 KB, 21 views)
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 4.08.17, 9:43 pm Post #66: | Reply With Quote
Host1l3 said
I bought the Amp DB, Feb. 25, 2017, as my first ever RC and I couldn't be happier with how inexpensive it is. I have however replaced the arms with RPM arms, put on stiffer springs, changed to a 15 turn dynamite, replaced the rear axles and shafts with Hot Racing ones, and replaced all the plastic gears with metal ones. The biggest issues I have had with this is the front suspension mount where the front arms are held in. It's a thin, stamped together piece of plastic with a seam that the hinge pins have torn through 5 times now.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you remedy it?
This is the only fix for this issue that I am aware of. Mine isn't broken yet, but the holes are so hogged out anymore that the a arms move around a lot. http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=ECT0806;c=685
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Regular user"
racinray - 5.16.17, 7:53 am Post #67: | Reply With Quote
Awesome! Those look very nice!