Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 4.03.17, 1:17 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
The transmitter is a gt2e, I must say I prefer it over the Pro Boat's Spektrum stx2 as far as ergonomics and steering feel, though the Spektrum has more features.

At first I didn't consider the Thrasher an option, 1000+ bucks shipped to Denmark? Forget about it. But as I realized I really needed a better jet boat after some time with the Pro Boat, the Thrasher was simply the only option as far as RTRs go. So I decided to just go for it.

A little jelly of those of you who can get it for $679 shipped. It'd be a steep price for a China made RTR, but I'd say it's a very fair price for a true blue US custom made quality piece of kit. I could almost hear the bald eagle call as I opened the box.

I think it's awesome when small custom makers can turn their product into a proper business with stock ready to ship to anybody with a credit card. I hope the same will happen with the UK based Youngster chap, because while the Thrasher is awesome and all, the Youngster boats are just pure cheeky madness. It sure seems like there are tons of people begging him to just take their money.
"Experienced user"
WTs Pauly - 4.03.17, 9:58 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
Utrak said
The transmitter is a gt2e, I must say I prefer it over the Pro Boat's Spektrum stx2 as far as ergonomics and steering feel, though the Spektrum has more features.

At first I didn't consider the Thrasher an option, 1000+ bucks shipped to Denmark? Forget about it. But as I realized I really needed a better jet boat after some time with the Pro Boat, the Thrasher was simply the only option as far as RTRs go. So I decided to just go for it.

A little jelly of those of you who can get it for $679 shipped. It'd be a steep price for a China made RTR, but I'd say it's a very fair price for a true blue US custom made quality piece of kit. I could almost hear the bald eagle call as I opened the box.

I think it's awesome when small custom makers can turn their product into a proper business with stock ready to ship to anybody with a credit card. I hope the same will happen with the UK based Youngster chap, because while the Thrasher is awesome and all, the Youngster boats are just pure cheeky madness. It sure seems like there are tons of people begging him to just take their money.
Oh damn! I must've been asleep at the wheel on this one

Good for you! They seem like a great kit. Video us already
Tekno MT410 - Tekno D8T - Vorza D8T - E-Maxx: FLM & RPM - Axial Wraith - TT K-Rock SWB - TT Kaiser XS - TT Bushmaster 8E - RCMK XCR-1000 Brushless
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 4.04.17, 1:27 am Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Thanks! I'll test it in some proper rapids within the next couple of days, will get some footage for sure.
"Experienced user"
pman9003 - 4.04.17, 8:04 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
Just read through the last few posts. Is the Trasher that much better than the Pro Boat? This new crop of jet boats are the only ones that I can justify dropping money on.
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 4.04.17, 10:02 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
pman9003 said
Is the Trasher that much better than the Pro Boat?
Yes, it is. The Pro Boat has better scale looks, and that's really all it has on the Thrasher.
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 4.05.17, 9:25 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
Rough water test:

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

It was even better than I hoped. Absolutely amazing boat.
"Experienced user"
pman9003 - 4.05.17, 11:54 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Utrak said
Yes, it is. The Pro Boat has better scale looks, and that's really all it has on the Thrasher.
Thanks, I don't really care about looks. I guess that rules out the ProBoat. I'm gonna have to look into the youngster brinkman line of boats too though. I think they are similarly priced to the thrasher.
"Experienced user"
WTs Pauly - 4.05.17, 5:16 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
You're gonna make me buy one dam you!!

Looks to be a blast and that was only 5S right?
Tekno MT410 - Tekno D8T - Vorza D8T - E-Maxx: FLM & RPM - Axial Wraith - TT K-Rock SWB - TT Kaiser XS - TT Bushmaster 8E - RCMK XCR-1000 Brushless
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 4.06.17, 1:59 am Post #29: | Reply With Quote

Yes 5S, never used full throttle.

Just gave the Thrasher another workout, same spot, same battery. Really pushed it this time, lots of full throttle zipping up and downstream in the rapids.

Perfect run, never inverted. Ran until LVC, runtime ~18 minutes. Battery reached 29C/85F, the servo 24C/75F, motor and ESC below room temp.

Again barely any water inside the hull despite lots of jumps and submarine action.

Me likey!
(Last edited by Utrak : 4.06.17 at 3:49 am)
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 4.15.17, 2:59 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
Had it out again at the same spot, this time also tried a Turnigy 4S 4500mAh 30C pack.
The water level is lower now, resulting in even more violent rapids as the water has a narrower space to pass through.
On 5s it could still easily defeat the full length of the rough water, and on 4s I was surprised that it did the same thing with equal ease, just with more need for full throttle.