Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
350Xhilaration - 2.21.17, 5:27 am Post #131: | Reply With Quote
Subscribed.

I may be building a track this Summer on an unused part of my 5 acre yard.
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 2.21.17, 7:25 am Post #132: | Reply With Quote
Thanks Guys!

One obstacle to my game is to find drivers that can actually complete a lap without destroying the vehicles.

One of the black and white wheels already broke. It didn't make it through one battery pack. I did get some warnings about this. I'm not sure if it was driver error or not. There were plenty of driver errors but my track doesn't allow too much speed so I figured the wheels would be able to handle it. Oh well.
Tekno SCT 410.3, Arrma Kraton, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Tacon/LC Racing Rally/SCT/MT x3, Losi Mini 8ight, Carisma M10DB, Axial AX10 Deadbolt, Vaterra Ascender '72 Bronco, Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS, Sky RC SR5 Super Rider
"Regular user"
theishkid - 2.23.17, 11:37 am Post #133: | Reply With Quote
Where do you get the tubing for the track? Is it pretty expensive?
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 2.27.17, 1:42 pm Post #134: | Reply With Quote
You can get it at Home Depot or Lowe's or most landscape supply stores.

You can usually get it for less than $1 a foot.
Tekno SCT 410.3, Arrma Kraton, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Tacon/LC Racing Rally/SCT/MT x3, Losi Mini 8ight, Carisma M10DB, Axial AX10 Deadbolt, Vaterra Ascender '72 Bronco, Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS, Sky RC SR5 Super Rider
"Experienced user"
St. George - 3.16.17, 8:41 pm Post #135: | Reply With Quote
This thread makes me want to make friends with someone who has a backyard track
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 3.17.17, 5:19 pm Post #136: | Reply With Quote
Chocolate chip cookies might be a good place to start.
You're welcome at my track. I just changed it up a little bit and I'm still testing it out.

One thing I really like about tracks in general is you have to learn them. After making a new track or even after changing it up I have a difficult time completing a clean lap. The amount of speed going into a jump or turn and the amount of throttle needed to take a jump is all a learning experience. Once you get to know a track then you can take advantage of the areas you can increase speed or the best line to take around a turn. That's the enjoyable part for me.
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 4.17.17, 4:36 pm Post #137: | Reply With Quote
Well, I've been changing up my track a lot and I was having a hard time finding a layout that was both enjoyable for me to drive and easy enough that the kids could handle it.
I think I finally found the sweet spot. I ran some laps this evening and it felt really good.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 4.25.17, 7:37 pm Post #138: | Reply With Quote
Here's my Tacon/LC Racing 1/14 scale with a SWAT paint job.

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

"Experienced user"
Gramps50 - 4.25.17, 9:23 pm Post #139: | Reply With Quote
You need some flashing blue & red light on the SWAT vehicle.
-- Gramps
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 4.26.17, 9:13 am Post #140: | Reply With Quote
The light bar on top is flashing but it's hard to see in the video. I thought the overcast day might help highlight the flashing lights but I guess it didn't. I'll have to get a shot at dusk.