Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 4.20.17, 3:55 pm Post #10931: | Reply With Quote
wave_rider91 said
iv run all my cars over the last week. nothing spectacular, im starting to get board just driving in my yard
I rarely bash in my yard anymore, I either go up to the local BMX track or go to the bike track in town. Or I take the summit out hiking through the hills. I usually plan my entire day around the hiking though as it's a 20 minute drive to the closest trailhead from my place. Last time I went out I hiked 9 miles. Then went home charged my batteries and went back out and did another 9.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
"Experienced user"
wfd44 - 4.20.17, 6:28 pm Post #10932: | Reply With Quote
Made the first run with my new Gas Monkey SMT-10. Gotta say this thing is awesome. Not as fast as the Yeti but already jumps flatter and is a blast to drive. Still got the (lame?) Turnigy brushless in it and it's already starting to look like my new go to medium-fast basher. Already broke the plastic drag link.

So, the initial upgrade list:

Metal steering links
Lower link reinforcement plates front and rear
Castle 4-pole 3800kv
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 4.20.17, 8:27 pm Post #10933: | Reply With Quote
Replaced few broken parts on 8s XMaxx. Just found spare servo for Dromida TC. I did find the vehicle I've been looking for info about. Now need to decide if I should wait and see if it comes to states. Or just order it now from overseas.
"New user"
mushia - 4.20.17, 8:58 pm Post #10934: | Reply With Quote
No! busy at work still.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 4.20.17, 10:26 pm Post #10935: | Reply With Quote
wfd44 said
Made the first run with my new Gas Monkey SMT-10. Gotta say this thing is awesome. Not as fast as the Yeti but already jumps flatter and is a blast to drive. Still got the (lame?) Turnigy brushless in it and it's already starting to look like my new go to medium-fast basher. Already broke the plastic drag link.

So, the initial upgrade list:

Metal steering links
Lower link reinforcement plates front and rear
Castle 4-pole 3800kv
Have fun going down the rabbit-hole of solid-axle truck upgrades. Remember to run the softest suspension possible so it will actually do something, because there's very little sprung-weight above the axles, so "normal" suspension will be way too stiff. Also, the Axial Wraith swaybar kit is your friend.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 4.20.17, 10:46 pm Post #10936: | Reply With Quote
Busy morning, got the new hulksta engineering boatsides installed on the c2 and the c3 got a front smash plate, new upper links to suit, jx servo, receiver, stainless axle tubes and swapped the knuckles and chubs from strc to vanquish to get rid of the camber the strc ones have built into them. All good to go for this weekends comp now.

Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Experienced user"
wopachop - 4.20.17, 11:09 pm Post #10937: | Reply With Quote
Tried to revive a bad cell. It's not taking a charge so nighty nite.
"Experienced user"
wfd44 - 4.21.17, 10:29 am Post #10938: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
Have fun going down the rabbit-hole of solid-axle truck upgrades. Remember to run the softest suspension possible so it will actually do something, because there's very little sprung-weight above the axles, so "normal" suspension will be way too stiff. Also, the Axial Wraith swaybar kit is your friend.
It's actually an AX-10/Wraith conversion with an aluminum chassis, soft setup and decent brushless power. Already has sway bars front and rear too. I just picked up an STRC steering link set for it which will be installed by the end of the day.
"jerk."
nino - 4.21.17, 1:16 pm Post #10939: | Reply With Quote
Yup, i repossessed the Torment from my nephew, fixed the transmitter (broken trigger spring retaining doodad), rebuilt the gearbox because I had the plastic gears in there for reasons I dont remember, and went for a bash. Used the plastic idler to replace stripped one in Wraith tranny until steel gets here, too.

The Torment...Everything's got 5-10 degrees of slop, and it's been like that for a while. I should probably throw some money at it. New A-arms, Al knuckles and C hubs should make it steerable again. Cheapo ESC I got off ebay (WP-S10something 60A) for $18.68 cogs pretty bad from standstill but other than that successfully propels the Torment to a blazing 30ish mph.
In order of appearance:
ECX Torment 2WD BL | Tamiya Stadium Blitzer | H.King Rattler | Basher Bad Bug | Basher Hellseeker | Axial Wraith Spawn
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 4.21.17, 7:56 pm Post #10940: | Reply With Quote
Replaced servo on Dromida touring car. Original servo just died couple weeks ago when we had track set up. Ordered motor/esc for F1 car. Took Serpent 411 out tonight. Haven't had it out since maybe September. Rear belt seemed loose. Considering how long it's sat shouldn't be suprised.

Weather looking good for Sunday.