Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Because Racecar"
thestug - 4.20.17, 10:18 pm Post #331: | Reply With Quote
Dave_S said
I'd really consider getting a 22 like that, but not being able to use a suppressor kicks rocks.
I'm really considering building an AR upper just for 22lr purposes. CMMG makes a nice barrel and bolt kit for 22. I've got a stripped upper, free float handguards, and optics laying around that are just asking for one of these kits.
A problem well stated is a problem half solved.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.
"Welcome to you're "doom!""
Dave_S - 4.20.17, 11:20 pm Post #332: | Reply With Quote
thestug said
I'm really considering building an AR upper just for 22lr purposes. CMMG makes a nice barrel and bolt kit for 22. I've got a stripped upper, free float handguards, and optics laying around that are just asking for one of these kits.
I just checked out there bolts, look interesting with that spring or whatever. I've never actually seen 22lr bolt before.
I don't post much, but when i do i prefer Dos Eques.
"Experienced user"
samot - 4.21.17, 2:32 am Post #333: | Reply With Quote
Suppressed 22lr with subs is probably the closest youll get to " Hollywood Quiet"
Im not a big fan of 10-22 -personal preference-
Wife has one she shoots suppressed with subs and its stapler quiet.
"Because Racecar"
thestug - 4.21.17, 10:22 am Post #334: | Reply With Quote
samot said
Suppressed 22lr with subs is probably the closest youll get to " Hollywood Quiet"
Im not a big fan of 10-22 -personal preference-
Wife has one she shoots suppressed with subs and its stapler quiet.
I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to the 10-22. It just doesn't excite me in any way. To each their own I guess.
A problem well stated is a problem half solved.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.
"Regular user"
rmanTX - 4.23.17, 10:01 pm Post #335: | Reply With Quote
I just saw this thread.

I have a few guns, and would really like to get into the hobby. Maybe tactical shooting, long-range, and general collecting.

1911s, been carrying the Delta Elite on weekends lately

couple PTR91s, LWRC M6IC

magna classic

625 Jerry Miculek .45acp

i like SIGs too

I like a little of everything. What I don't have is a bolt gun. Been wanting to build a 300win mag, but I may just grab my father's old Weatherby Model 1 in 300 wby (ouch) and build off that platform.

Probably have 5 or 6 ARs along with 4 or 5 lowers and 2 orn3 uppers, honestly I don't know. Have Geissele in my 300BLK pistol and another in not sure where to put yet.
Love my sigs have a few, have unfortunately sold a bunch to buy more. Got a pair of stainless 10/22 takedowns for my twins a few years back, waiting for them to mature, they're about there now.

I also reload, haven't set up my press since we moved to TX, but plan to go full throttle in the new house this fall.
"Regular user"
rmanTX - 4.23.17, 10:02 pm Post #336: | Reply With Quote
funny thing is my gun forum has an RC thread
Dave_S - 4.23.17, 10:06 pm Post #337: | Reply With Quote
Damn. Dude has a nice collection.

My brother just picked up a s&w shield 9mm new on sale for like $240 or something. Played around with it today, seems like a nice little gun.
"Regular user"
rmanTX - 4.23.17, 11:03 pm Post #338: | Reply With Quote
Dave_S said
Damn. Dude has a nice collection.

My brother just picked up a s&w shield 9mm new on sale for like $240 or something. Played around with it today, seems like a nice little gun.
now is the time to buy a shield, most places, like PSA, have them for $325-350 w/ $75 mail in rebate. I currently don't have a gun fund
Dave_S - 4.23.17, 11:44 pm Post #339: | Reply With Quote
rmanTX said
now is the time to buy a shield, most places, like PSA, have them for $325-350 w/ $75 mail in rebate. I currently don't have a gun fund
He got his from this place. I guess a lot of people like them.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...eld-9mm-pistol
Dave_S - Yesterday, 6:15 pm Post #340: | Reply With Quote
Anyone here familiar with semi auto shotguns? Been thinking about one, but know nothing about them