Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Mxmumpwr - 4.20.17, 10:07 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I recieved a PM today from Toydrone. They asked if I would be interested in their drone sold on Amazon and if I would be willing to review it on URC.

This doesn't pass the smell test, seems fraudulent at worst and a breach of forum rules at least. Am I wrong? Have such messages been approved? I don't know how to get hold of a moderator. I searched and looked through several threads with no luck about who to contact. I only know NOT to contact Jang.

In any case, I figured someone needed to be made aware of this user.
Slash 4x4 - HCG
Kraton - Basher (4s)
Raider Mega ('14) - strong chassis/weak electronics
Dromida Ominus - consistent and dependable.
"When you're living our dream!"
Neanderthall - 4.21.17, 12:17 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
The Jang is the only moderator.....
I'm not lazy, I just REALLY enjoy not doing anything!
Rustler VXL (mine), 2wd Stampede (son's), 2 Wraiths (one for son, one for me), Ultimate Slash (me), OBA Slash (son), E-Revo brushless (mine), Tamiya Kumamon Tractor (mine), TLR 22 2.0 buggy (mine), HK Rattler (son), SCX10 Deadbolt (son #2)
"Experienced user"
rustydrift - 4.21.17, 5:41 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I don't know if it breaks the rules or not. I know it says don't PM Jang, but if you feel worried about the message you received, you could just flag your original post (I know flagging your own post, crazy), and Jang should at least notice it.
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 4.21.17, 7:59 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Not anything fraudulent. People do this on RCGroups all the time. Take the drone play with it and give your honest review. The fact that you are upfront about it being free makes it legit.
"I really don't pay attention to what anyone else says and don't care lol. I do what I like and it keeps me happy. " - Theibault
"Experienced user"
Mxmumpwr - 4.21.17, 11:34 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I greatly appreciate the feedback and guidance with this!
Slash 4x4 - HCG
Kraton - Basher (4s)
Raider Mega ('14) - strong chassis/weak electronics
Dromida Ominus - consistent and dependable.