Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
rustydrift - 5.19.17, 7:30 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote

I was shopping at the thrift store today and found this old Nikko. I paid let than $5 with tax. No remote, broken front bumper. Had a good 9v receiver battery, and the diehard NiCd actually took a charge. The front hubs are aluminum, looks cast, but still aluminum. Turned it on and it appears to have a sound unit that works. I'll have to find a remote, or wait and do a hobby conversion.
It looks about 1/14 scale. Might make a good monster truck to go with my brothers aeromax or something.
"Experienced user"
scary97gt - 5.20.17, 9:18 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Oh man I had one of those years ago. They're pretty tough for a toy grade.
"Experienced user"
rustydrift - 5.20.17, 2:27 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Back then, some toy grade were actually pretty nice. They hold up well for the speeds and power they had. I figure this is worth my $5 even if all I do is look at it.

Edit: Also, I though this was neat with the twin drive shafts going to the front end.
"Experienced user"
scary97gt - 5.21.17, 2:50 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Definitely a unique design and you didn't get hurt at $5. It would be pretty cool to put a hobby grade conversion on it even if you stay brushed just to make it more reliable and smooth.
"Experienced user"
perry - 6.20.17, 6:00 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I had one back in the 80's. it was fully proportional, and i even raced it in the monster truck class against clodbusters and kyosho high rider/double dare/big brute. It was fun to run back then, but when it broke, you were out of luck since you couldn't buy parts to repair it.
tamiyafier said
Whenever someone replies "k thks m8 lol" i die a little inside.

still runnin' cars like I clean my teeth: with brushes.

"makya" on most other forums