Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 6.05.17, 12:32 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
Nice! Youll come to love and hate the 6 gear tranny, i wish you luck getting it tuned! XD
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"In the mirror you'll see a dog"
Rodarbal - 6.08.17, 9:31 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
LOL, so like I mentioned in the other thread, I've no worries about this RC10 I just picked up as I had one a couple decades ago. It did come in today and it's definitely not as nice as Jester's. One of the front nose tubes is bent and the nose plate itself seems to be a bit tweaked. But I'm up for the challenge! I'll start the thread on it soon enough.

Update on the T:
I have the body trimmed out as well as the gear cover (both from Team Blue Groove). The body, as I do with all of my RC bodies, was trimmed using the X-Acto knife score and break method for nice, clean cuts all around. The gear cover was trimmed using body scissors I'll probably do a little more trimming on the rear of the T-clone body to give it a little more modern look.

Although the pic shows all the electronics in place, I have yet to solder and mount everything in. I get very particular about my wire routing so I take my time in this area and dwell upon how everything is going to be tucked away with a minimal amount of wire.

The tires shown are not what are going to be used. The fronts are Losi Directional Ribs in Red compound and the rears are Panther Wookies in Clay compound. They were part of what I had in my tire stash from my XXX-T hoard. More than likely I'm going to go with JConcepts turf tires.

I'll have a lot more time to work on these two machines in the next couple of weeks so you'll surely see some good progress. I do have some work to do on my Gelande II as well, but it's mostly just tire mounting stuff.
(Last edited by Rodarbal : 6.08.17 at 11:19 pm)
RJ Labrador
On Road: Tamiya & XRay
Off Road 1/10: Losi & XRay
Off Road 1/8: Mugen
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 6.09.17, 6:45 am Post #53: | Reply With Quote
Any ideas what tires would fit the standard RC10 rims other than the Proline and Team Associated remakes they made with the RC10 Classic? I would really like street tires-
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
Rodarbal - 6.09.17, 7:11 am Post #54: | Reply With Quote
I'm not sure about street tires for the RC10 1.7" rear wheels, but JConcepts has Double Dees that should fit. That's what I'm going with for mine. There's a chance you could use a 1.7" crawler tire. If I were to go that route I'd find one with the smallest O.D. so the buggy doesn't look too Mad Max-ish. I think 3.7" is about as small as you'll find, though, and I'm not 100% sure it would work. Check this RC4wd tire:

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/rc4z-t0143.htm

UPDATE: I totally forgot about the Tamiya FAV/Subaru Brat tires. They'll fit on the rears of the original RC10 jellybean wheels with a little stretching. I might go the same route!

(Last edited by Rodarbal : 6.10.17 at 6:24 am)
RJ Labrador
Rodarbal - 6.12.17, 2:12 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
I forgot to mention that I started a thread on the RC10 here.

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241720

No progress lately on the 10T as I keep getting sucked into working on the RC10. I need to make a trip to the store to get some shrink tubing and a few other items to tidy up the wiring in the 10T.
RJ Labrador
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 6.12.17, 3:42 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
Rodarbal said
I'm not sure about street tires for the RC10 1.7" rear wheels, but JConcepts has Double Dees that should fit. That's what I'm going with for mine. There's a chance you could use a 1.7" crawler tire. If I were to go that route I'd find one with the smallest O.D. so the buggy doesn't look too Mad Max-ish. I think 3.7" is about as small as you'll find, though, and I'm not 100% sure it would work. Check this RC4wd tire:

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/rc4z-t0143.htm

UPDATE: I totally forgot about the Tamiya FAV/Subaru Brat tires. They'll fit on the rears of the original RC10 jellybean wheels with a little stretching. I might go the same route!

Wow, thank you! I might do those on the rear, and ribs up front. See how that works. Or maybe cut them down for the front you think? Being an early A stamp the fronts are super *suuuuuuper* narrow
Rodarbal - 6.12.17, 7:21 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote
I've seen the Brat/FAV tires on the front of original RC10 wheels. You can stretch them and use longer screws like this person:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34900

Or you can take it a step further and narrow them like this:
https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_...5650&sid=32228
RJ Labrador
Rodarbal - 6.18.17, 8:42 pm Post #58: | Reply With Quote
Finished mounting the electronics today and made a battery pad. The pad serves two purposes. First is to provide some cushion for the battery, but it also allows for routing of the ESC wires under the pack. Haven't decided what I'm going to do for an antennae mount, but I'll probably do what I've done on my other rigs. There'll be an actual antennae tube, but I won't protrude through the body.

Next up... body prep and masking.
RJ Labrador
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 6.19.17, 4:57 pm Post #59: | Reply With Quote
looks amazing RJ, very nice!

I've got a spare antenna mount that you can have if interested, I also have your locking shock rod ends which came in the mail today too!

eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
Rodarbal - 6.19.17, 7:56 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
Thanks Bill! Throw it in your tool box, I'll hit you up if I need it. I should have one somewhere in my misc. piles of RC schtuff.

I might order my tires this weekend when I stop in at Hooligan. I'm leaning towards JConcepts Pin Downs for the rear and Swaggers for the front. These are their offerings for carpet/turf. Looks like the Schumacher Mini Pins are on backorder anyway.

RJ Labrador