Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
RC Flea Market forum rules -- MANDATORY:
(If you don't follow the rules below in full, YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED without warning)
  1. ALWAYS start your "for sale" post title (subject line) with "FS:" and start "wanted" listing titles with "Wanted:"
  2. You may only buy if you have been a member for 3+ months, sell after 6 months, no exceptions (learn why).
  3. Include clear, current photos of any item worth $50+ USD. No "email me for pics," no "pics later," no photos from the web, no exceptions.
  4. List only items that you personally own. Friends & family must use their own accounts. No commercial listings.
  5. Sellers, do not request PayPal "gifting" or any extra fee for PayPal payments. Wrap any desired fees into your item prices.
  6. You may "bump" a thread only if it falls off the first page of topics.
  7. If you aren't seriously interested in a purchase, don't reply to an ad unless you strongly suspect fraud.
  8. When your item sells, edit your thread's title to "Sold," but don't delete the original post.
Warning: Trading (item for item) is extremely risky and fraud-prone, and thus very strongly discouraged. Individuals in small towns can acquire a proof of shipment receipt from a "friendly" US Postal Service employee while an item is actually on hold at the postal station, thus trades can only be based on blind trust.
"Because Racecar"
thestug - 7.16.17, 3:08 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I have SCX10 that has been very, very lightly used. It has some expensive Mayhem engineering beadlocks. It's basically this exact same thing with the expensive beadlocks.

http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax90027

So my question is. What is it worth as as a complete roller minus a radio? Should I sell the tires and beadlocks seperately? Is anyone here interested?
A problem well stated is a problem half solved.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 7.16.17, 4:30 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I would absolutely split the wheels and truck up. Generally speaking the sort of person that wants mayhem wheels doesn't want a stock truck with it, and the sort of person that wants a stock truck doesn't appreciate expensive wheels

Can't help you with price, unless you're interested in what I would expect it to sell for in Australia. They do tend to hold their value better than race gear though.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 7.17.17, 7:32 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
OK nice one - was in the market couple of months ago- a lot of aluminum down there nice that the top comes off - I would try and snag it at $250 maybe $300. I don't buy things online would have to be in person. Even then I've gotten ripped off because I did not inspect it closely.

You can get a new rtr for $300 -but regardless of upgrades- lots of guys want to make something unique.
(Last edited by Habanero : 7.17.17 at 7:36 am)
"I really don't pay attention to what anyone else says and don't care lol. I do what I like and it keeps me happy. " - Theibault
"Because Racecar"
thestug - 7.17.17, 2:21 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Kingy said
I would absolutely split the wheels and truck up. Generally speaking the sort of person that wants mayhem wheels doesn't want a stock truck with it, and the sort of person that wants a stock truck doesn't appreciate expensive wheels

Can't help you with price, unless you're interested in what I would expect it to sell for in Australia. They do tend to hold their value better than race gear though.
Fair point. I'll probably split the wheels and tires from the chassis. How bad will that hurt the resale value to not have wheels and tires for a chassis? I don't have any cheap extras laying around.

Habanero said
OK nice one - was in the market couple of months ago- a lot of aluminum down there nice that the top comes off - I would try and snag it at $250 maybe $300. I don't buy things online would have to be in person. Even then I've gotten ripped off because I did not inspect it closely.

You can get a new rtr for $300 -but regardless of upgrades- lots of guys want to make something unique.
The truck is mostly stock with only the Kit version upgrades, so it's a little nicer than an RTR truck.
A problem well stated is a problem half solved.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 7.17.17, 2:37 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
thestug said

The truck is mostly stock with only the Kit version upgrades, so it's a little nicer than an RTR truck.
Isn't that what I said?
"I really don't pay attention to what anyone else says and don't care lol. I do what I like and it keeps me happy. " - Theibault
"Gecko Guy"
RCGecko - 7.18.17, 10:22 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Im kinda in the same boat here. Im trying to sell mine with 2 batteries, lots of upgrades and two sets of tires.

I had mine listed at 275 locally. Lots of likes but no takers. And even if you list it as lets say 300 people will always throw a lower offer like 250 or 200. People are trying to get a good deal out if an already good deal.

Im about to trade my rcs for video games or something.
-Gecko Guy

youtube: Gecko Guy

Specializing in exotic reptile care and classic cartoons.
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 7.19.17, 6:54 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Good idea! I could use me a ps4 - ps3 getting long in the tooth.
"Gecko Guy"
RCGecko - 7.19.17, 7:44 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Habanero said
Good idea! I could use me a ps4 - ps3 getting long in the tooth.
It almost worked when i did that on facebook. I told people i was looking for pretty much any console and games. Almost gpt hooked up with a ps2 console in exchange for 21 lipos i had
-Gecko Guy

youtube: Gecko Guy

Specializing in exotic reptile care and classic cartoons.
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 7.20.17, 1:16 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Video games don't keep value either unless they're special. I have a 1/6000 copy of a game that was normally download only, but was done in one small production run one time only and I still can't sell it for much. Most of my collector's editions don't fetch higher values either, with the rare exception (fallout new Vegas for instance still sells for about 150, but that's pretty close to what it was new).

Keep in mind most of my collector's editions were free to me for working on them or at the same studio at the time they were produced, so I'm only gaining money, but I've got a couple that I'm really glad I got for free because they aren't worth much more than a standard copy of the same game. (Halo Reach, I'm looking at you.)
Arrma Talion - ACE Ripper 2000kv, HW Quicrun 150a, Brushless 25kg servo

Sakura D4 AWD - Tacon 3930kv, HW EZRun 60a, Blue Bird Servo

Spektrum DX4S
"Stay Fit"
Corrupt - 7.20.17, 2:18 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
No wheels and tires will hurt. That, plus it being a roller (slider) will hurt even more. That leaves your market down to someone who has a project in mind and wants to pick up a roller cheap, or someone who already has the parts and sees a good opportunity to start a new project.

I listed my SCX-10 locally not long ago, to see what kind of offers I got. Mine is mostly stock, non kit version. Upgrades being a brushless 17.5t sensored system, aluminum hubs, and wheels/tires. Highest offer I got was $170.

I wouldn't expect any more than $150 for yours. Definitely separate the wheels. Those are nice, usually see those sell for $100 and up on RCC.

-Corrupt
Stay Fit.